lost XDCAM export to file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost XDCAM export to file

Although I use the Sony EX1. I am 99.9% sure that I had the facility to export as a file using the XDCAM format in E4.61 Broadcast. EDCAM no longer appears in the export to file list as also the options for .wma and .wmv. Any ideas as to where these options might have emigrated?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

Two things that might remove the exporter:

The project setting doesn't match a profile that the XDCAM format supports for export. (e.g it isn't 1440x1080)

or, there's an issue with your Broadcast dongle - but if that were the case, you would not be able to preview clips from the EX1.

Comment

did you read the thread: XDCAM-EX Clip Browser v. 2.0 and Edius Broadcast
      If you install the new v2.0 browser you loose the shortcut to the browser. You can still drag and drop.

Comment

Originally posted by BG Bengtsson View Post
        did you read the thread: XDCAM-EX Clip Browser v. 2.0 and Edius Broadcast
        If you install the new v2.0 browser you loose the shortcut to the browser. You can still drag and drop.
        The presence of the Clip browser software has no impact on the exporter for XDCAM (non-EX).

Comment

hmmm... seems as if I can't read. Import and export...
          But I have a question in the same corner: I have a project that does not enables the "export" at all. I did not see that before because it is only a test project with some files from an EX1. First created with full HD and with the old Sony XDCam Clip browser. It does not make any difference if I changes project settings. I had to make a new project, then its ok. Is there anything special that I should think about that can disable the exporter totally?

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses.

I did upgrade to V2 of the clip browser, but later removed and went back to the original version for the reasons already posted. However, I have since installed E4.61 on another PC for the first time, but again I don't appear to have the XDCAM export plugin, perhaps it is the dongle!

Geoff

Comment

Problem soved, panic over! I changed my project settings to 1440 x 1080 and all was OK. Thanks Kenneally.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
                Problem soved, panic over! I changed my project settings to 1440 x 1080 and all was OK. Thanks Kenneally.

Geoff
                Are we able to export to XDCAM EX. I was looking at showing some video I edited taken form my EX and the quickest way to show this would be to copy it back to the sxs cards (via software import) and plug the camera into screen ?

Over the weekend I was trying to make a MP4 compatible file for import to SxS video was working fine but audio is still a problem in a MP4 container.

Comment

Originally posted by jasser View Post
                  Are we able to export to XDCAM EX.
                  Not with EDIUS v4.61. You can only export to the XDCAM HD format.

Comment

any idea when an EX1 export (1920 x 1080) will happen ?
                    Wayne
                    Wayne Zebzda
                    http://LookLookTV.com

Comment

I am still playing around to try and establish a good work flow with EX1 footage, in this instance I exported as an XDCAM file to bring it into FCP on my MAC using Bootcamp.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                      X