Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpi69
    replied
    Yep, whil eI can´t import ProRes with Audio when importing ProResHQ I have no problems at all. Works great.

Leave a comment:

• ExFool
    replied
    ProRes on PC

The latest QT version 7.6 no longer needs the update. ProRes decoding is now included into the free codec/player.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Just an update, Apple has released a Windows decoder for ProRes.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...orwindows.html

This is great for people who have both PC's and Mac's.

There is also a ProRes decoder available for OSX if you don't have the FCP bundle. That can be found here.

EDIUS should be able to import the ProRes material through QuickTime once you install this decoder. However, EDIUS still has the color shift when you import QT files in EDIUS 4.61

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Originally posted by johannesj View Post
    There is a way, you can do offline / online edit and save drive space.
    I forgot to add that the Apple media comes from a different edit facility, not mine. So they'll have to give it to me uncompressed...

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    There is a way, you can do offline / online edit and save drive space.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    ProRes is incapable of being viewed outside of Mac OS, so you'll need to export that footage to something Windows-compatible.

For EDIUS, you'll have to use:

- HDV
    - DVCPRO HD
    - Uncompressed HD (huge files)
    HDV, forget it.
    DVCPROHD, may not have Broadcast.

Of those I still prefer the uncompressed way. It takes the guess work out of importing into any editor. When in doubt, just drop back and punt!
    If you do not have the drive space, HDV would be available without Broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    You could also look into the Sheer codec, it is available for Macs and PCs and has a lossless option.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Agreed with KH, DVCPROHD will be your best bet, though you'll lose some resolution as DVCPROHD is not full HD.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    ProRes is incapable of being viewed outside of Mac OS, so you'll need to export that footage to something Windows-compatible.

For EDIUS, you'll have to use:

- HDV
    - DVCPRO HD
    - Uncompressed HD (huge files)

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    started a topic Importing Apple ProRes media

Importing Apple ProRes media

I have v4.54 with SP hardware and need to work on media exported from FCP. The media properties are: frame size = 1920x1080, video codec = Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), non-interlaced, audio codec = 16 bit Little Endian. Any advice?
Working...
X