X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ludde
    • May 2007

Best bandpass filter

Hi, anyone know of a good bandpass filter out there, one that can take away most of wind-disturbance of recorded audio ?
    A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)
  • PaulTV
    • May 2007

I would check out Wavearts multidynamics and Trackplug - in fact check out their whole range - WaveArts 5.

Paul
    Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

System 1) AMD 7950x 16 core 32 thread 5.5Ghz 2x RTX3060 BM 4k mini monitor. System 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 8TB Raid , 32TB Raid 5 Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• THoff
      • May 2007

SoundSoap 2 (which comes with some versions of Edius) also does a very good job of removing wind noise. The latest version (V2.1.1) includes some bug fixes and can be downloaded from the BIAS website after issuing yourself a new key -- you'll need the key that came with the CD in the Edius box to get that.

When you download the update, you'll also get the standalone version of SoundSoap in addition to the VST plugin. I would export a WAV file from Edius and process the file using the standalone SoundSoap, and then re-import it to avoid a 1024-sample audio delay that occurs with the VST.

Comment

• Ludde
        • May 2007

Sound Soap 2 is crap, don´t know why installed it ?...., Wavearts does a bit of the job, but when rendering the file from wavelab, it doesn´t seem to do anything ?
        A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)

Comment

• THoff
          • May 2007

To each his own -- I've used it with good success to remove wind, fan and other machinery noise. You can also try the free Kjaerhus Classic Autofilter, it includes highpass/lowpass filters.

Comment

Working...