Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingwe
    replied
    Thanks Rusty the harddrives are raid-0 , I will be replacing the current 2 drives with 2 500gig Sata seagates Sata2.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Gavin, it sounds like you will be fine. Capture is always the sticky bit.

The more complicated your projects become, the more you may need to render. A good investment may be a two-drive RAID. But you may get by with a single external USB drive! (I have)

Your project may bog down after (maybe) an hour, but not 8-min. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Ingwe
    replied
    Thanks for the anwser the PC is a duocore not a core 2 duo ,I have done a test with CanopusHQ the clip i captured was about 5min did some basic dissolve and titels and it seem to handel it well , My main concern is that the program is a 8 min with fair amount of graphic and montion, video , muisc and V/O.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Gavin
    You should have no problems, the minimum is a 3.2G P4 with 1G memory, 2G preferred. Your core 2 duo will find it a breeze but
    Best to use the CanopusHQ codec for capture (Converts to AVI file) and the editing will be as stable as with SD in Edius
    You will need some large drives, one hour takes around 45G, SD is only 13G
    I use RAID 0, see my signature
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Sebastian
    replied
    You can download some test clip in the canopus support area,

I guess your cpu is a pentium4, I am not sure if it will handle hdv unless
    you convert it.
    But the centrino cpu´s like E6xxx or E8xxx serie will handle it very well.

Sebastian

Leave a comment:

• Ingwe
    started a topic Wanting to start to Edit HDV

Wanting to start to Edit HDV

Our company want to now start to shoot and want to start editing in HDV , the current NLE PC that I use , is a Intel ducore 3.4ghz plus 3 gigs Ram and runs raid 0 we use Edius 4.6 and PPRO2 and editing SD it is very stable, If I want to edit in CanopusHQ and edit a program would this PC handel the edit? any advise?
    thanks gavin
Working...
X