Wanting to start to Edit HDV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to start to Edit HDV

Our company want to now start to shoot and want to start editing in HDV , the current NLE PC that I use , is a Intel ducore 3.4ghz plus 3 gigs Ram and runs raid 0 we use Edius 4.6 and PPRO2 and editing SD it is very stable, If I want to edit in CanopusHQ and edit a program would this PC handel the edit? any advise?
    thanks gavin

You can download some test clip in the canopus support area,

I guess your cpu is a pentium4, I am not sure if it will handle hdv unless
    you convert it.
    But the centrino cpu´s like E6xxx or E8xxx serie will handle it very well.

Sebastian

Comment

Gavin
      You should have no problems, the minimum is a 3.2G P4 with 1G memory, 2G preferred. Your core 2 duo will find it a breeze but
      Best to use the CanopusHQ codec for capture (Converts to AVI file) and the editing will be as stable as with SD in Edius
      You will need some large drives, one hour takes around 45G, SD is only 13G
      I use RAID 0, see my signature
      Regards Barry
      Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
      GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
      Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
      Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Thanks for the anwser the PC is a duocore not a core 2 duo ,I have done a test with CanopusHQ the clip i captured was about 5min did some basic dissolve and titels and it seem to handel it well , My main concern is that the program is a 8 min with fair amount of graphic and montion, video , muisc and V/O.

Comment

Gavin, it sounds like you will be fine. Capture is always the sticky bit.

The more complicated your projects become, the more you may need to render. A good investment may be a two-drive RAID. But you may get by with a single external USB drive! (I have)

Your project may bog down after (maybe) an hour, but not 8-min. Have fun!
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Thanks Rusty the harddrives are raid-0 , I will be replacing the current 2 drives with 2 500gig Sata seagates Sata2.

Comment

Working...
            X