Blue-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
    I have Sony Architect 5.0 that makes Blu-Ray too now with menus. I have just made a few so far. Export HQ from Edius, put on Vegas timeline to set chapter markers and name, encode from Vegas for Architect preset, import into Architect, choose style and all chapter markers etc are set with names given in Vegas.
    Ron Evans
    Hey Ron, what does it use MPEG2 HD or AVC?
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
      Hey Ron, what does it use MPEG2 HD or AVC?
      It will use either. I have found it faster to use Vegas to encode as it uses all cores and places markers etc recognized by Architect. Templates are in Vegas for Architect so I have used the templates. Works OK so far burned to Sony BD-RE discs.

Ron Evans
      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Great, I will have to try it out, I don't need templates, I usually do motion menus, it does accept motion menu right?
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
          Even Scenarist BD requires Windows XP 32 bit.......
          RE: The 2 being mentioned. They both are severely limited when you look at what Blu-ray Disc has to offer. I don't prefer one to the other, they both use the same compiling engine which is the most important thing.

Anyway, I wish I had a dollar for every poster who wants Blue-ray but can't spell it. I guess that means it is now a very important thing for Grass Valley to consider, let's hope we see something towards the end of year.

Mark,
          Are you using Do Studio for all of your BD projects?
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Mark,
            Are you using Do Studio for all of your BD projects?

I have used the trial for one month (which you can use for authoring to BD-R).
            It's good and I'lll use it month by month when needed.

Comment

It has been interesting to note the increasing number of programs that now will export to Blu Ray
              One of my REAL gripes with this format is the so called cost of the Authoring Program
              1: Adobe you have to buy Premier with Encore - too expensive
              2: DVDit pro $299USD $699AUD with almost parity the agents in Australia are RIPPING us off so forget that program.
              Guess what
              I discovered on my computer placed there by the builder "Cyberlink DVD Suite" it suggests it can burn straight to "Blu Ray" and "FREE" has anyone tried this program?
              They also have an update that looks even better for $50AUD
              Before I go and buy a Blu Ray burner has anyone tried this program
              The only other problem I have with Blu Ray is the cost of the disks and the number of "Stand alone" players that will not play the disks I may produce, so there is an incredible minefield out there, although this seems to be improving, but could be costly if you supply a disk to someone with a player that will not play the BD-R disks!
              At the moment I use my DVICO TVIX for replay into either a HD Tv or my HD Projector at seminars and the cost per program is zilch
              Regards Barry
              Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
              GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
              Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
              Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Yep! The TVIX is still the best option around and you can get hundreds of HD programs on one disk (for nought).

Comment

I am streaming my BD Files via a GB LAN and play it via a PS3 to the flat panel.

Comment

Ulead's Movie Studio will author BlueRay disks, quite a good price too.

Geoff

Comment

Hi! I have a problem making a Blue-Ray from Edius timeline. Disc was burning 5-6 Hours and when I insert into myBD player I got Data file, not movie. Please help me solve this problem, all setting was right, because when I did previous job was no problem.

Comment

can you check the contents of the Blu-ray with Windows Explorer

does it have BDMV and Certificate folders?
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Yes it has this two folders.

Comment

did you burn the Blu-ray with the EDIUS diskburner, or did you only use EDIUS to create the Blu-ray image?

I usually use Nero to create a proper BDMV Video, I have not tried the EDIUS burn function for a while
                            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/nero10.html
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I used diskburner, but the problem is I did BD before and it was no problem.

Comment

all so I did Burndisc and create image the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X