Blue-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue-Ray

Is there any way you can export videos from Edius to BlueRay discs?

Easiest way I've found is to render out to the HQ format and then pull that into Adobe CS3 for Blu-ray authoring, where it gets transcoded to Blu-ray video spec. If you have the full version of Procoder you can also encode directly to the proper format using the templates posted in the Procode forum.
    Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

Or you can export from Edius as HQ AVI and import directly into DVDit Pro (latest version) and burn directly to disc in pristine form. Very simple process with outstanding results (much better than Encore)

Comment

I second John's HQ AVI into DVDitPro results. Simple, flawless and amazing quality. No artifacts and pristine. Beats the pants off Encore - (in my experience).
        Cheers,
        Alan
        Alan J. Levi
        Director

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

Comment

Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
          I second John's HQ AVI into DVDitPro results. Simple, flawless and amazing quality. No artifacts and pristine. Beats the pants off Encore - (in my experience).
          Cheers,
          Alan
          I was testing DVDit Pro HD and found that from menu when I click on a chapter, it takes alot longer than from Encore, Encore was almost instant, I wonder if you guys see the same thing or could it be that I was using a BD-RE to test DVDit Pro HD?
          I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Can anybody guide me how to get one of these programmes: either DVDit or Encore?
            And I wish to ask the first person who replied, which Adobe CS3 programme are you referring to?

Comment

DVDit Pro HD is made by Roxio and can be bought online through their webstore, Encore is an Adobe product that can be bought from many retailers/e-tailers.

If you're asking where to get a pirated copy, your membership here will be short-lived...

Comment

Originally posted by redgum View Post
                Or you can export from Edius as HQ AVI and import directly into DVDit Pro (latest version) and burn directly to disc in pristine form. Very simple process with outstanding results (much better than Encore)
                I have to disagree with the Encore comment. I have both programs, including
                DVDITPROHD 6.4. and Encore CS3. DVDITPROHD is sluggish, at best, and does not handle Photoshop menus very well. If you use Photoshop for menus Encore has the best integration with Photoshop and After Effects out there, Do Studio comes closest to Encore with Photoshop useage.

As far as it looking much better than Encore, they both produce the same type image. I feed both programs the same type of file, an MPEG2HD file from an uncompressed master created within Procoder 3. No difference visually. I use the pass through function on both.
                If you are using the DVDITPROHD encoder or the Adobe Encoder, well, you are stuck with what you get. I have gotten pretty decent results with the H.264 encoder in Encore but only use it on occasion.
                It just comes down to the acutal workflow of the program and ability to handle multiple layers of photoshop material for me.

Don't make it sound as if DVDITPROHD is the only program that will burn direct to disc. You can create and burn directly to DVD, Blu-ray, and flash by using the same setup files within Encore. No changes have to be made. Except the format settings.

Ultimately, this comes down to the user and his or her ablility to utilize each of the programs to its maximum potential.
                The only feature that DVDITPROHD has that I wish Encore CS3 had is the ability to create a file for replication (cmf).
                However, If I was going to replication, I would do it in DO Studio as to be able to use some java with the photoshop menus.
                Last edited by Jerry; 07-28-2008, 10:47 PM.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Jerry, I must agree with you - although it didn't sound like I do with my post. Sorry about that! If you're using Photoshop - then it pays to stay with Adobe, no question. I thought the original question related to the "easiest" and "simplest" way to get from EDIUS to BD, and I think for just a direct rollover, DVDiTPro is pretty easy to follow. For chapters, titles, etc., you're absolutely correct, Encore fascilitates all the Adobe programs really well.
                  Alan
                  Alan J. Levi
                  Director

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

Comment

To each their own! I just answered the question without bias as it was put.
                    But I must say I use both DVD authoring programs extensively and love to make a profit in our business. I'll stick to Roxio DVDit Pro 6.4 for clean workflow.
                    Hey, it least it works in Vista 64 bit flawlessly. Encore won't even load. Time is money.

Comment

Originally posted by redgum View Post
                      it works in Vista 64 bit flawlessly. Encore won't even load. Time is money.
                      This is wrong - Encore works in Vista 64bit Ultimate

Comment

Yes, I stand corrected, it does work. But have a look at the Adobe forum for an extensive list of Encore problems in that O/S.
                        Like I said before it's all about workflow and in my opinion DVDit is at the moment a better tool. That won't last of course. :-)

Comment

Encore CS3 runs in 32bit compatibility mode in Vista 64bit.
                          I suspect these errors are the same as in XP32bit-found no which are especially related to 64Bit.

Comment

Even Scenarist BD requires Windows XP 32 bit.......
                            RE: The 2 being mentioned. They both are severely limited when you look at what Blu-ray Disc has to offer. I don't prefer one to the other, they both use the same compiling engine which is the most important thing.

Anyway, I wish I had a dollar for every poster who wants Blue-ray but can't spell it. I guess that means it is now a very important thing for Grass Valley to consider, let's hope we see something towards the end of year.

Comment

I have Sony Architect 5.0 that makes Blu-Ray too now with menus. I have just made a few so far. Export HQ from Edius, put on Vegas timeline to set chapter markers and name, encode from Vegas for Architect preset, import into Architect, choose style and all chapter markers etc are set with names given in Vegas.
                              Ron Evans
                              Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Working...
                              X