X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Open Question to @ll :

For HD computer playback should I use a HD Mpeg file or WMA HD ? Which file format is easier to share with others (Disc) and playable on lower spec computers.
    Should I de-interlace the HD render file or leave it interlaced, original is shot in 1080i, the SD version is for DVD delivery and the HD (Mpeg or WMA) file is for computer playback (archive is actually the Master recording on MiniDV tape)
    What are recommended bitrate's in HD delivery ?

Thanks @ll, lots to learn for me. coming like Ulf, from a DV only background.

Anybody ? Anyone ?

Leave a comment:

• UlfLaursen
    replied
    Thanks for putting this up SoundFreak, I think a lot of people can learn from this thread too :-)

/Ulf

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    In quality settings you can set your own, regarding your needs and storage space.

I tested fine with extreme large file size, I must say I use a low end consumer HDV cam and have no HD TV to check, just trying to play and find out if any difference go to SD DVD, I Did not find any.

I'm sure if going to BlueRay with the use of a Good camera the huge filesize could be worth it, as for me, delivering on SD DVD the standard settings give me a 50 Gb HQ avi file seems like sufficient, the WMA HD render also looks fantastic, and it's real easy to edit compared to mt2 !

Open Question to @ll :

For archive / computer playback should I use a HD Mpeg file or WMA HD ? Which file format is easier to share with others (Disc) and playable on lower spec computers.
    Should I de-interlace the HD render file or leave it interlaced, original is shot in 1080i, the SD version is for DVD delivery and the HD (Mpeg or WMA) file is for computer playback (archive is actually the Master recording on MiniDV tape)
    What are recommended bitrate's in HD delivery ?

Thanks @ll, lots to learn for me. coming like Ulf, from a DV only background.

Leave a comment:

• UlfLaursen
    replied
    You are right SoundFreak 50i - this screendump is just from the PDF manual. Thanks for thinking of it :-)

And thanks to you Redgum as well - I'll give it a go :-)

/Ulf

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Denmark is Using PAL, shouldn't the settings be 50i ?

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    Just hit the three 3's and it will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• UlfLaursen
    replied
    Thanks - will I just have to choose 'Canopus HQ' from the 'Codec' drop down list in the lower right corner, or how do I apply this setting?
    Sorry but I have only worked in DV so far in Edius :-)

Thanks.

/Ulf

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    Yes! You sure can - just use the HQ codec when capturing.

Leave a comment:

• UlfLaursen
    started a topic Capturing HDV in Edius 4.6

Capturing HDV in Edius 4.6

Hi

When I capture HDV, is it possible to get Edius to capture in it's own HQ codec, sort of convert on the fly? I cannot find this in the documentation anywhere.

Thanks.

/Ulf
Working...
X