.mov file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .mov file?

I am being asked for one of my HQavi's to be a .mov for a clients web site. don't see the option with edius, (procoder express)...what options do I have, and if the .mov is an option, can it be 16x9. Gary

Need a little bit more to go one here - are they wanting a smaller-sized MOV file for Quicktime streaming/download off their site? Like a movie trailer?

You can certainly achieve this with ProCoder Express - just choose the appropriate target from the wizard. 16:9 is supported in all flavours of Quicktime.

Then it's a question of which flavour to use - typically you would want either Sorenson 3, or perhaps more popular now, H.264.

Comment

Gary,

Try this, it gives you step-by-step instructions on how to create a good-looking H.264 MOV file that can be streamed from a website:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...73&postcount=7

Please be sure to change the audio settings as well, often people forget about this and they wind up encoding uncompressed PCM, which takes up even more space than the video itself.

Comment

Thanks THoff, that site helped a lot, question under the audio settings what is best to use. Gary

Comment

I usually use IMA 4:1 audio. Sounds good with reasonable bitrates.

Comment

Thanks again. I'll give it a go today. Gary

Comment

Working...
            X