X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by redgum View Post
    Just the fact they play no role in this forum confirms that.
    We prefer our software engineers stick to coding, rather than posting. After all, their C is likely to be much better than their English..

This thread is really veering off course here. I'd have preferred it die a natural death...but...

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    Feature requests are fine but in the global scheme of things has relatively little importance to software developers who look for new markets, not those who have already paid their money (we do get a bit of attention). Just the fact they play no role in this forum confirms that.
    Adobe's the same - Premiere Pro ranks 29 on their list of importance so a lot of other software development comes before PP. Grass Valley has far more important issues than key frames in Edius (you know what I mean)
    All GV want is their Edius product to keep pace with direct competition and that's where the investment ends.

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    I dont see this as needing to be fixed! As its not broken! More an enhancement to the way in which the transition settings currently work!

For this we need to vote on the change, So we need to show GV we would like this to change in future releases of EDIUS.

IYSWIM.....

Cath

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    OK I see your point pjssss but if it's not right surely it should be fixed even if only one person points it out.
    But therein lies the problem. What is considered "right" by one person may not be considered that way to another. Also there are application limitations that may or may not present a problem.
    Last edited by pjsssss; 07-26-2008, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• barry@bwvideofilms
    replied
    OK I see your point pjssss but if it's not right surely it should be fixed even if only one person points it out.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    That's great, I thought I was going round the bend!

I'm new to the GV scene and although I find this forum extremely useful I'm disappointed that a Feature Request posted in May 2007 doesn't get acted on by GV.
    While I would like to see this implemented, I don't understand your post. Just because someone requests something does not mean it will be included in the next or any update. Especially one that only 16 or so people have voted on. If I was GV and had to decide were I was going to use my resources, I doubt I would choose something that has such limited response.

There is a lesson here...while people often complain about how something works or a lack of a feature, very few people actually take the time to participate in a poll set up by GV to try and assess real world interest in the area. Vote!

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    It must need an amount of voters - SO LETS GET VOTING ;-)

Leave a comment:

• barry@bwvideofilms
    replied
    That's great, I thought I was going round the bend!

I'm new to the GV scene and although I find this forum extremely useful I'm disappointed that a Feature Request posted in May 2007 doesn't get acted on by GV.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    ooohhhhh that was good Kenneally. We may have to change your name to Search Master. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    This is it here, I believe: http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...read.php?t=355

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Actually this is something that I requested waaaayyy back. I don't know if if ever made it to the forum (several of my "suggestions" have not made it)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    The Feature Request forum is off the forum index page (click Forum Index, then scroll down).

The presets are designed to apply the effect with the preset settings.
    Duration isn't stored as a setting, so it's not applied.

Leave a comment:

• barry@bwvideofilms
    replied
    Sorry but the logic of how the presets are supposed to work isn't very logical to me! Where is this Feature Requests forum? I have sent this query to my local GV Tech Support is that what you mean?

Their first response is "This is not something we have seen or had reported before" which is a bit worrying!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    The transition presets are for the effect settings of the transition - the default duration is determined by the default duration setting.

Sorry but that's the way it works right now. I don't think there's an existing feature request for setting transition durations as part of presets, so please feel free to add one in the Feature Requests forum.

Leave a comment:

• barry@bwvideofilms
    replied
    Yes Imagine, what's the point of having presets then? I can't believe this hasn't been corrected before. It's really frustrating to invest in a product at an advanced stage of development to find things like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X