X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swsw1550
    • Jan 2008

XPlode Pro

Hi,
    I hope some one can help me with the following problem, When I drag an effect in from XPlode Pro (3D) and play it from the time line I notice it is very jerky and slow in the preview window in Edius, I checked out some settings in the XPlode Pro effects and came across a section that lets you choose the render settings, They where something like this, T&L + HAL, HAL, T&L ect ect.
    Could some one point me in the right directions for settings on this as I am using a Quadro FX 5500 card and don't understand why the effects are slow and jerky in the preview window.

Cheers
    Steve
    Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.
  • harveylexton
    • May 2007

Have you rendered the effect? Your video card doesn't render effects it is Edius that will do this.

Comment

• swsw1550
      • Jan 2008

Yes

Yes I have and do not have a problem with that, it is just when you have the effect on the time line and hit the play button in the preview monitor, it is very slow to and jerky to watch, I figured that it may be one of the renderering settings in the Xplode pro settings.

cheers
      Steve

Also the 2D effects don't do this only the 3D ones..
      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

• antonsvideo
        • May 2007

jerkiness is normal in Edius preview under many circumstances

if you see the same on a proper external monitor, I will eat a broom
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• swsw1550
          • Jan 2008

Thanks

Thanks Anton, I was just a bit concerned that one of the settings in Xplode Pro was wrong when viewing the 3D effects, as I said the 2D are fine.

Cheers
          Steve

Comment

• prakashkrp
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by swsw1550
            Hi,
            I hope some one can help me with the following problem, When I drag an effect in from XPlode Pro (3D) and play it from the time line I notice it is very jerky and slow in the preview window in Edius, I checked out some settings in the XPlode Pro effects and came across a section that lets you choose the render settings, They where something like this, T&L + HAL, HAL, T&L ect ect.
            Could some one point me in the right directions for settings on this as I am using a Quadro FX 5500 card and don't understand why the effects are slow and jerky in the preview window.

Cheers
            Steve
            Hi,
            You should use the ATI 2600 xt 512MB or equivallent pci xpress to solve the problem. But there some little setting in 1. XplodePro Config & 2. Xplode Edius Config .

Before going to the set you should Install the 'Hardware renderer'..or copy the ati dll files for ati support into xplodepro & xplode 'stages' folder

Render Mode: Draft
            3D Render: ATI Hardware renderer
            Config: Select the '.....T & Hall'

Thats it, You can get the realtime output.

Hope it will help you.

Prakashkrp
            AVCS SYSTEMS INDIA www.avcsindia.com, Email : [email protected]

Comment

• Jerry
              • May 2007

Originally posted by prakashkrp
              Hi,
              You should use the ATI 2600 xt 512MB or equivallent pci xpress to solve the problem. But there some little setting in 1. XplodePro Config & 2. Xplode Edius Config .

Before going to the set you should Install the 'Hardware renderer'..or copy the ati dll files for ati support into xplodepro & xplode 'stages' folder

Render Mode: Draft
              3D Render: ATI Hardware renderer
              Config: Select the '.....T & Hall'

Thats it, You can get the realtime output.

Hope it will help you.

Prakashkrp

The realtime is in SD only. Just getting playback is one thing, in order for it to be true RT the blue line needs to be above the clip, as opposed to red or yellow.

Why are you choosing 'draft?' That is the worst quality setting for Xplode and yes, the easiest on the computer. It is ok to use during editing, if you don't mind the quality loss, but for final output I would not choose that setting.
              Randy's original 'recipe' for RT used the highest quality setting while achieving real time. Once again, real time is only obtained in standard definition.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• swsw1550
                • Jan 2008

Prakashkrp

hi,
                I am not giving up a $4000 graphics card to go down to a ATI, Sorry.
                I am not very fond of ATI cards at all (personal choice)
                And as Jerry said you shouldn't be using it in Draft mode and real time is only in 2D not 3D,

Cheers
                Steve

Comment

• SoundFreak
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2007

I am not very fond of ATI cards at all (personal choice)
                  Same here, i use to own a ATI 2600HD 512 Mb card.

You shouldn't be using it in Draft mode and real time is only in 2D not 3D
                  Actually, if you use a ATI 2600 HD Pro with the un-official render patch it is Realtime in 2D & 3D (full quality).

Since I have upgraded to a Quadro FX card neither is realtime, but love the card for other Apps. so won't go back ..................

Comment

• prakashkrp
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jerry
                    The realtime is in SD only. Just getting playback is one thing, in order for it to be true RT the blue line needs to be above the clip, as opposed to red or yellow.

Why are you choosing 'draft?' That is the worst quality setting for Xplode and yes, the easiest on the computer. It is ok to use during editing, if you don't mind the quality loss, but for final output I would not choose that setting.
                    Randy's original 'recipe' for RT used the highest quality setting while achieving real time. Once again, real time is only obtained in standard definition.
                    Yes I only choice the 'draft' while editing..when covert please turn to full quality to get quality output
                    AVCS SYSTEMS INDIA www.avcsindia.com, Email : [email protected]

Comment

• mike0130
                      • May 2007

hi,
                      I am not giving up a $4000 graphics card to go down to a ATI, Sorry.
                      ISteve
                      Well, maybe you already realized that you made a mistake. This card will not do any good for editing, I am not a ATI fan also, but I spent $100 for used ATI X1950XTX with 512 nb DDR4 memory and all the Xplode runs in realtime.I have no prob. with Vita, BlueFX etc.
                      BTW ATI 2600 has 128 bit memory, so think twice if you want it.
                      Also I have a 8800GT card which is only $200, but in every application, exept some of 3D like Maya, Lightwave etc, it will do the same as your $4000 card and maybe even better.
                      Check it yourself, maybe you will be able to get back at least something...
                      Hope you will.
                      mike
                      Last edited by mike0130; 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM.
                      Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

• swsw1550
                        • Jan 2008

Mike

How can you say that Mike, Quadro cards are designed for 3d, and rendering ect ect, I found out the problem from Anton and it displays it perfect on an external monitor, I don't want to be rude or anything but I think you should do a bit of research on Quadro Cards before making an opion on them.
                        They have a total different arcitechture than gaming cards do. Paramount Pictures wouldn't use them other wise. Also Prodad who do Heroglyph, Vita, ect that I do reviews for highly recommend Quadro Cards. I am currently reviewing the full NewBlue FX Audio/Video Package and have not had a problem with NewBlue products. The 8800 cards are and I will say again GAMING CARDS for GAMERS.... and I am not a gamer Mike, Quadro's run full floating chipsets ect on the cards and all ports are open not closed like gaming cards. Vita Scene from Prodad take full advantage of Quadro cards because of the GPU.
                        Have a look at this link for a bit more info on them.

cheers
                        Steve
                        Last edited by swsw1550; 07-14-2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• GrassValley_KH
                          Mr Sparkle
                          • Apr 2007

The next time an argument is created out of Quadro boards, I'm closing that thread.

Each to their own - Mike, time to stop beating that drum.

Comment

• Jerry
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by mike0130
                            BTW ATI 2600 has 128 bit memory, so think twice if you want it.
                            mike
                            Just so you know, the HD 2600xt is a 512mb card for around $70. For Edius and just editing, it does all that is required. I do agree the Quadro's above the FX1700, will do many things on different programs.
                            Different strokes for different folks.

Mike,
                            are you getting realtime in 1920x1080, 1440x1080, or just standard with the 1950xtx?
                            If so, is it with the blue line above the timeline?

Steve,
                            Are you getting realtime in Edius with the $4,000 card in SD or HD? That may have been what Mike was getting at.
                            If you are not getting realtime with the $4,000 card and you are not getting realtime with a $200 card, keeping in mind that it would just be for Edius, why spend the extra cash.
                            For Maya and the big boy 3d programs, yes the top of the line Quadro cards would be the 1st choice and completely agree with those cards abilities in that arena.

Just for comparison with my cards within Edius using Xplode Pro and Vitascene"

Quadro FX 1500---no true realtime in SD or HD. Will play through with buffer prefill or on less complicated
                            effects. Will not do full raster 1920x1080 in Vitascene due to 256mb of ram. 512 needed.
                            $600 card

8800gts 512------no true realtime in SD or HD. Will play through with buffer prefill or on less complicated
                            effects. Will do full raster 1920x1080 Vitascene effects due to having 512mb of ram.
                            $325 card

HD 2600XT-------True realtime in SD only. Will play through with buffer prefill or on less complicated
                            effects. Will do full raster 1920x1080 Vitascene effects due to having 512mb of ram
                            $70 card

ATI 1950x--------True realtime in SD only. Will play through with buffer prefill or on less complicated
                            effects.

Nothing scientific here just prices for performance. Just stating that if you are using Edius, and ONLY using Edius, an ATI card under $100 will give you True RT performance in SD. HD, well , thats another horse of a different color. Maybe in the next version of Edius we will get RT HD, hope.....hope.
                            Last edited by Jerry; 07-15-2008, 01:57 AM.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• mike0130
                              • May 2007

Nobody asked me to do HD work, we're still in 20 century.
                              I have realtime on all Xplode, 70% Vitascene with lite blue line above and transitions 10 sec with start from beginning of transition. This prevent Edius from filling the buffer before it hits transition...
                              mike
                              Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Working...