edius crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edius crashing

been working on a long project for over a year now. just loaded it to finish it up. it would play then stop. i dont see anything on my video monitor at all, only on the preview monitor. and on the preview monitor i will see a green screen and then it will get alot of noise on it.
    thank god i had this huge project on an external so i could use my laptop, but ive got other projects i need to work on.
    any ideas on this?
    when it does stop playing and freezing up, the playback stopped box doesnt come up.
    could the video card be going bad? what would be the signs of that?my hd space is almost empty all round as well.
    using 3.61.

is this with NX, SP, Storm, OHCI, or other?

drive speed result please?

what graphics card and driver version?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

dvstorm,
      nvidia geforce 5200

Comment

check event viewer in system and then in apps and report red errors

what about the disk speed?
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Jim, how much space do you have left on your hard drive? As Anton suggested, Check the drive speed also

Comment

have about 5gigs left. the project im woriking on is off the external, not really using the v drive thats in the computer, although its only got around 3gigs left.
            where do i check for the red errors?how to i get to that and how do i check the disc speed on the hd?

Comment

just for kicks, i just sprayed out alot of dust on the videocard fan. for now, things are working fine again. would that have made the difference or do i still have issues?
              and on hd space, how low is too low to keep optimal performance

Comment

loose firwire port??is this the problem

i noticed that my firewire port on the back of the computer was loose and the firewire wasnt in snug and came out easily. after i took it out, i had no problems.could this be an issue?and if so, how do i utilize the firewire in my front storm bay. i cant seem to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
                  just for kicks, i just sprayed out alot of dust on the videocard fan. for now, things are working fine again. would that have made the difference or do i still have issues?
                  and on hd space, how low is too low to keep optimal performance
                  if any of your hd's is more than 85% full, YOU WILL have problems

to check event viewer, right click my computer, manage, event viewer, systems, and then apps

I am only interested in red errors, no need to report yellow warnings

while there click disk management and make sure there are no yellow disk at risk warnings on any of the disks

download diskspeed from www.roadkil.net and test all drives, report back your findings as indicated in red
                  http://www.videoproductions.com.au/edius4/diskspeed.gif
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

I think when you unplugged that firewire at the back of the storm card, you unplugged the DV port on the front storm bay - as i recall, there's a cable that runs from the DV port on the front storm bay thru the inside of the case, out thru a slot in the storm slot cover, and into the DV port on the back of the storm card

re why you're having the problems you are, I can't help
                    Harris
                    edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

Comment

On previous versions of Edius it also seemed to crash when the hard drive was defragmented too much. I don't know about current versions. Once the crashing started I would defrag and the problem went away for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X