X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by john_willman View Post
    It's not in the nVIDIA settings but in WMP-11.
    I successfully resolved this SHAKE problem in WMP-11 by opening up
    TOOLS / OPTIONS / PERFORMANCE TAB / set Video Acceleration MIDWAY between None and Full.
    Result-NO SHAKE!
    Perfect !

It worked for me as well.

Thank you :)

Leave a comment:

• Morecoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by john_willman View Post
    It's not in the nVIDIA settings but in WMP-11. I successfully resolved this SHAKE problem in WMP-11 by opening up TOOLS / OPTIONS / PERFORMANCE TAB / set Video Acceleration MIDWAY between None and Full. Result-NO SHAKE!
    You just solved my problem I was having issues with watching a WMV Originally shot with a 1920x108024p encoded to 960x540 24p wmv the whole video shook a bit but the titling shook pretty bad in some parts. all other players including Edius played it fine. a quick note. if the slider bar is grayed out its because you have tweaked a setting under the advanced button. Click reset default and you can slide it to medium again. Thanks again!

Gary.

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    Driver Update

Hi Guys

We have seen this problem on several systems using Qaudro FX cards 570 through 1500 & 1700 & also on GS mobile chips, it seems to happen after a software upgrade such as QT or WMPlayer 11. In one instance simply updating Windows Media runtime components, available for XP through Automatic Updates (seems to be available after update to MPlayer 11 is installed) fixed the issue. But in all other cases installing the latest Nvidia drivers has been the fix.

So maybe give that a go & install the latest driver from Nvidia for your card.

ATI cards also seem to work OK, however we have seen a situation where a HD2600 would not drive a single 1920x1080 display @ 32BPP whilst running Edius, the card would just shut the monitor down or reboot the system after 2or 3 minutes in Edius, all other programs seemed to work fine.

Good luck Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Sorry to be coming into this one so late
    I take it the "Shaking" is a horizontal jitter between frames making the picture seem as though it has lost horizontal sync on the whole frame.
    The cause if it is the same as I had is the Nvidia driver for the 8800GT conflicting with "Quicktime"
    The Video plays OK in Edius using Direct3D9 but has the same "Jitter" if you use Direct Draw, so it was usable in Edius but other programs such as Smartsound could not play the HQ files!
    Any driver after 94.24 will exhibit this problem, as you cannot run an 8800 on the 94.24 driver I dumped it and went to ATI, smooth and stable

Regards Barry
    Last edited by Bluetongue; 08-04-2008, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• john_willman
    replied
    It's not in the nVIDIA settings but in WMP-11. I successfully resolved this SHAKE problem in WMP-11 by opening up TOOLS / OPTIONS / PERFORMANCE TAB / set Video Acceleration MIDWAY between None and Full. Result-NO SHAKE!

Intel DP35DP motherboard, NVIDIA 8800GT, XP SP5, Core 2 Quad 2.66, 2GbRAM, Dual MyBook eSATA Raid 0.

Leave a comment:

• kiril
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip View Post
    This is an outside shot but worth trying. I have the same thing happening on my new computer I built with a GeForce 8500 graphics card. There is some setting in the graphics card software the will make it stop shaking. I use Picasa to catalog and name my HQ files. It shakes like crazy in there but in Edius it's fine. I am pretty sure it is how your graphics card is handling the interlacing of the clip (if it's interlaced). I can see what's in my clips in Picasa and still name the how I like but it is a pain. A few times I have tweaked my graphics card to make it stop but each time it comes back after re-booting....almost like the graphics card isn't saving the settings.

Try tweaking your graphics card driver a little and see if you can stop it. It worked for me....sorta. The same clips play fine on all my other computers in all apps....just not my new computer build so that tells me it is the graphics card and driver.
    Well, I looked into all possible menus of the nVidia software and cannot see where is some setting to deal with interlaced (yes, my clips are - 1080i).
    But it is clear that it is related to interlaced - everything else plays fine!
    The problem appears only with Media Player (and all other programs using it's API's) and HQ files.
    I am sure that I use the correct decoder - Canopus HQ decoder - GraphEdit shows it in the chain, and when played from inside GraphEdit - it still shakes.

I removed almost all third party decoders, reinstalled Media Player 11 and still no go.

Still, in Winamp, or LightAlloy it plays better (not shaking), but with "comb" effect.

What was your case - a black strip or ribbon and horizontal movement of fields?

Thanks a lot!

Kiril.

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    Originally posted by kiril View Post
    Hmm! What decoder you use? Canopus HQ?

I tried now to play it with LightAloy and it looks Ok, thought the proportions of the frame are wrong, but it is not shaky.
    I see a black strip in Windows Media Player on one of the frames, e.g. the frame is moving to the right, approx. 10%.
    Used DSFMgr to reset DirectShow settings, but without success.

What can I do - uninstall Media Player may be?
    This is an outside shot but worth trying. I have the same thing happening on my new computer I built with a GeForce 8500 graphics card. There is some setting in the graphics card software the will make it stop shaking. I use Picasa to catalog and name my HQ files. It shakes like crazy in there but in Edius it's fine. I am pretty sure it is how your graphics card is handling the interlacing of the clip (if it's interlaced). I can see what's in my clips in Picasa and still name the how I like but it is a pain. A few times I have tweaked my graphics card to make it stop but each time it comes back after re-booting....almost like the graphics card isn't saving the settings.

Try tweaking your graphics card driver a little and see if you can stop it. It worked for me....sorta. The same clips play fine on all my other computers in all apps....just not my new computer build so that tells me it is the graphics card and driver.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I'd sooner look to see if you have any freeware codec packs installed (e.g. K-Lite).

Get rid of those and see how it goes?

Leave a comment:

• kiril
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Crazy!... the .avi plays fine here!
    Hmm! What decoder you use? Canopus HQ?

I tried now to play it with LightAloy and it looks Ok, thought the proportions of the frame are wrong, but it is not shaky.
    I see a black strip in Windows Media Player on one of the frames, e.g. the frame is moving to the right, approx. 10%.
    Used DSFMgr to reset DirectShow settings, but without success.

What can I do - uninstall Media Player may be?
    Last edited by kiril; 07-09-2008, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Hmm, it's looking ok here too. To be sure, it's violently shaky at the start due to the actual camera not being on a tripod or steadicam.

I did notice frames being dropped in Windows Media Player, but that's not a sign of a bad video, just a slow machine (mine).

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Crazy!... the .avi plays fine here!

Leave a comment:

• kiril
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Can you provide a small sample clip of the problem file?
    Sure, here there are:

http://www.open-net.biz/edius/00140.avi
    http://www.open-net.biz/edius/00140.MTS

Thanks!

P.S. Not so small, but the smallest I have...

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Can you provide a small sample clip of the problem file?

Leave a comment:

• kiril
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    To add to Anton's post. You can change the field order of a clip when you right click on it.

Try one of the files and then try the playback in edius to see if it improves.

Mike
    Thanks for the replies, but... Let me explain the problem again:
    I have MTS file from AVCHD camera.
    Using the Canopus AVCHD2HQ converter, I convert to AVI. Note that the converter has no option to set field order, but the results are always top field first.
    Once I get the AVI file ready, I try to play it it Windows Media Player, for example and it's shaking.
    The same file plays OK in Edius!

I used graphedit to check the codec used and it shows Canopus HQ Decoder, so I guess this is the right one...

Kiril.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    To add to Anton's post. You can change the field order of a clip when you right click on it.

Try one of the files and then try the playback in edius to see if it improves.

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X