X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by redgum View Post
    If you also have Premiere CS3 (it has this T/C feature) you can produce a timecode clip with alpha of any length and export the file to Edius where you apply the "screen" filter and picture in picture to place it anywhere you like in the frame.
    As most of my programs are under an hour I have permanently created this clip (60 minutes) and apply it whenever I need it simply by adjusting the length to my Edius timeline. The clip resides permanently in my video library.
    I use this method on most of my agency stuff so it doesn't get stolen before completion.
    hey, that's pretty smart....

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    If you also have Premiere CS3 (it has this T/C feature) you can produce a timecode clip with alpha of any length and export the file to Edius where you apply the "screen" filter and picture in picture to place it anywhere you like in the frame.
    As most of my programs are under an hour I have permanently created this clip (60 minutes) and apply it whenever I need it simply by adjusting the length to my Edius timeline. The clip resides permanently in my video library.
    I use this method on most of my agency stuff so it doesn't get stolen before completion.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    Yes the 'Grid Encoding' that is used in "Print to DVD' is so super fast,
    it saves my bacon when deadlines are approaching fast....

I don't have 8 cores like Anton but all 4 of my cores are flying!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Aristotelis View Post
    This can be done already if you choose "Print to file (display timecode)" and then procoder express to create VOB to burn directly to DVD... In that case the timecode will be displayed...
    yes, but it won't use all 8 cores

DVD creator uses 8 cores for those who have them) and it takes me only 8min to export a 60min timeline to DVD ready for burning

this is handy for quick preview copies

for the real stuff, I use T4 (also uses all 8 cores) and DVD Lab Pro

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    I don't need a menu (can't stand the menus in 'print to dvd' anyway)
    Just a very quick burn to DVD with the timecode displayed.
    This can be done already if you choose "Print to file (display timecode)" and then procoder express to create VOB to burn directly to DVD... In that case the timecode will be displayed...

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I can see a benefit in such a feature, so I will request it

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    you can fast compile to a new HQ or DV file with TC on, then place that on timeline and print to DVD

if standard def, a 60 min timeline can be compiled in under 5 min depending on hard disk raid setup
    Thanks Anton, but unfortunately the company I work for doesn't have any raid setup
    and the files are HD going down to SD as well, probably would take longer too.

thanks guys for the suggestions . . .

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by hvx_germanboy View Post
    Maybe i am not getting the point..but you can easyly compile a DVD throught the export with inprinted TC.

Its just the option below, after print to file(dont have the correct name here, as i am not with my editing machine right now..), you can do it with TC...

You are limited to a certain duration of course, lets say about 2 and a half hour if you choose a poor quality, but its happening straight from the timeline, no need to export to HQ or anything like that.

I always do that when i wanna have a copy to review the material, or directors want to "pre-cut" a little..TC helps a lot there...

But i might not get your point, as probably people like Anton know this..so if i didnt get the problem..my appologies..!
    he is using the built in DVD creator, it does not support TC display

Leave a comment:

• hvx_germanboy
    replied
    Maybe i am not getting the point..but you can easyly compile a DVD throught the export with inprinted TC.

Its just the option below, after print to file(dont have the correct name here, as i am not with my editing machine right now..), you can do it with TC...

You are limited to a certain duration of course, lets say about 2 and a half hour if you choose a poor quality, but its happening straight from the timeline, no need to export to HQ or anything like that.

I always do that when i wanna have a copy to review the material, or directors want to "pre-cut" a little..TC helps a lot there...

But i might not get your point, as probably people like Anton know this..so if i didnt get the problem..my appologies..!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you can fast compile to a new HQ or DV file with TC on, then place that on timeline and print to DVD

if standard def, a 60 min timeline can be compiled in under 5 min depending on hard disk raid setup

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    Yasou Aristotelis,

Thanks but that's just not viable, for 2 reasons; Time + Quality.

I need to pump out a quick DVD to clients with a timecode.
    "Print to DVD" is a very fast option as it uses all cores of my cpu.

I don't need a menu (can't stand the menus in 'print to dvd' anyway)
    Just a very quick burn to DVD with the timecode displayed.

I work for a company that doesn't have Procoder 3,
    so Procoder 2 is what I use, it doesn't have the very fast 'Grid Encoding' option as found in Procoder 3.

Oh well......
    maybe this can be included in Edius 5 ???

I will post that in the 'Feature Requests' area.

ευχαριστώ φίλο!

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    No, not directly,
    However, you can Print to file (display timecode), encode your project via Procoder or via the generic mpeg target and then import the mpeg file to DVD Creator

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    started a topic Print to DVD - timecode display?

Print to DVD - timecode display?

Hi guys

Anyway of using the 'Print to DVD' feature
    while displaying the timecode?

thanks
Working...
X