Circular PictureInPicture - How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular PictureInPicture - How?

I can do Picture in Picture. I can create an elipse Region. I can get the two to work together. But how do I get the Outside part of a region to be transparent to leave the inside elipse as the Picture in Picture? All I can manage is to get a black frame outside the elipse.

Or am I going about this all wrong? Is this the way to create a circular (=elipse) PIP?

Originally posted by Rickyard View Post
    I can do Picture in Picture. I can create an elipse Region. I can get the two to work together. But how do I get the Outside part of a region to be transparent to leave the inside elipse as the Picture in Picture? All I can manage is to get a black frame outside the elipse.

Or am I going about this all wrong? Is this the way to create a circular (=elipse) PIP?

One way would be to do your region filter ellipse with black outside in a sequence by itself and then put that sequence in another sequence and use the Luminancekey Keyer on it.

Comment

Also check out Advanced Alpha Map under Xplode Composer Keyers

Here's an example

http://www.rccvideo.com/circle.wmv
      Last edited by Roy Colquitt; 05-28-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

The easiest way is to create a circle within quicktitler and then combine it with your clip using the convert to alpha matte feature...afterwards you can apply pip or 3dpip on it...
        Aristotelis Bafaloukos
        Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
        BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Working...
        X