DVD Menu Creation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Menu Creation?

I've just started working with Edius Pro 4. I can't find how to create a menu to present the viewer with a scene selection. Procoder just writes the entire sequence to disk without scene/chapter menus. I've managed to get markers to work at Next/Previous points but no front menus like cheaper software.

Where should I be looking?

I use DVD-Lab Pro and I am very happy, good for the beginner and the very advanced, anything is possible

Edius 4.5 will include basic DVD menu creation software
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I still like DVD Workshop:

http://www.ulead.co.uk/dws/runme.htm

Comment

There was a very cheap canopus software (Lets create dvd) witch was able to do some basic DVD authoring....I dodn't know if it is still available...
        Aristotelis Bafaloukos
        Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
        BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the answers. I thought I was missing something obvious.

Comment

Depending on the Canopus product you bought there may be some bundled DVD authoring software. Eg Edius SP ships with DVD Workshop SE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickyard View Post
              I've just started working with Edius Pro 4. I can't find how to create a menu to present the viewer with a scene selection. Procoder just writes the entire sequence to disk without scene/chapter menus. I've managed to get markers to work at Next/Previous points but no front menus like cheaper software.

Where should I be looking?

There is no way to create a menu in that version. However, in 4.5 we showed a menu creation software that is being added to EDIUS so when the update comes out check it out :)

Mike

Comment

Ulead DVD Movie Factory works fine for me
                Nev
                Edius 8.5, Asus P9X79-PRO, Intel i7-3820 3.6Ghz, Samsung 256Gb SSD, 16G RAM, Asus GTX560, 750w XFX psu, Win 10 64b home prem.,ASUS BW-12B1ST black writer, Rode USB Podcaster mic

Comment

Note

Ulead DVD Workshop and Movie factory do the good job.

Comment

DVD Work Shop 2

Is there any hope of a DVD WS 3 ever coming out?

Thanks

Ronnie
                    Ronnie Martin
                    Kato Video Productions
                    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

In DVD Movie Factory, even if I save a project as a template, it does not save the menu layout and I have to start from scratch every time.

Very annoying. Or am i missing something?

Comment

DVD Workshop 2 is good, but now DVD move factory 6 is more functional and 16X9 compatiable.

However, I still expect DVD workshop 3 to come out

Comment

I was a Beta Tester for DVDWS3 and it is dead. Unless somebody at the company that owns it now changed their mind, they told us that it is dead a long time ago :)

Mike

Comment

I was also a beta tester and I don't expect a WS3, which is a shame, I think the official word is still "it's on hold" but it's been like that for well over a year!!!!!

There are workarounds for 16x9 menu creation which work well and take no time at all, but WS2 is beginning to fall well behind.

Anton, do you have dvdlab pro tutorials on your site?

Graham
                            www.myvideoproblems.com
                            Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

Working...
                            X