Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    I am not sure why the thumbnails are the way they are. I have not asked this of Japan but I agree that this is a weird way of selecting thumbnails.

I will pass this along to the engineers.

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    Originally posted by chec View Post
    You say relax. I aborted my relationship with Adobe years ago for shoddy 6.5 software and have only put my trust in Grass Valley recently. But from what I read Grass Valley is treating their customer the same way.
    I am not sure this is a valid criticism...

Originally posted by chec View Post
    I must now learn multiple workarounds on new software. In this economy my customers won't pay for all this learning time -- time spent on my end because GV ignores from what I see are years old issues.
    Your customers should not be paying for you to learn any new software, that realy is down to you. The Edius DVD plug-in is a great tool for what it is and it is pretty easy to use with good quality....setting a new thumbnail is also very simple, I actually don't know of any DVD authoring software that chooses the thumbnail that I personally want to use by default. As has been mentioned there are 2 ways to get sequence markers to chapter markers from Edius, one is for quick no frills DVD's through the DVD plug in and for more complex professional results you can go via pro coder using the mastering quality presets and into a third party authoring application.

It would be nice to have the option of markers in the Edius program & elementary streams and it would be fitting for Edius which is first and foremost an editor to offer this.

Edius is not perfect...but you can rely on it to get high quality work done efficiently whether complex or simple it is a solid product and well worth your time investment. This forum is a great resource with a lot of dedicated folk to help you work through any quirks/problems you may encounter.

All the best and keep at it.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the thumbnails are grabbed from a position that is 50% in between timeline markers, this is why you need to manually change that

basically, if you have a chapter marker at the 5min position and at the 10 min position, the resulting thumbnail will be grabbed from the 2.5min position and from the 7.5min position and from the 12.5min position

the Edius DVD Creator is a basic tool for quick DVD creation

Edius is an editing software and not a DVD authoring software and never will be, not even in Edius 10
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 05-09-2010, 05:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chec
    replied
    No. The thumbnails are way off. When I click and open the properties on a thumbnail the image will change and show me yet another wrong frame.

You say relax. I aborted my relationship with Adobe years ago for shoddy 6.5 software and have only put my trust in Grass Valley recently. But from what I read Grass Valley is treating their customer the same way.

I must now learn multiple workarounds on new software. In this economy my customers won't pay for all this learning time -- time spent on my end because GV ignores from what I see are years old issues.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Number one, relax... every software has bugs in it. Some get fixed and some don't. Second, the thumbnails work fine and will show where you place the marker. If you wnat a different thumbnail then what is at the marker, you can adjust it manually.

Leave a comment:

• chec
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Keep in mind that you'll have to correct the thumbnails of each chapter manually. This is a bug since the start.
    I just paid for 5.5 and you are telling me that Grass Valley produces BROKEN SOFTWARE and will not fix it ??

Leave a comment:

• foundy
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Okay, time to clear the air...
    There are two ways to get timeline markers to become DVD chapters when exporting from EDIUS:
    1. Use the built-in Print to DVD function (DVD Creator) in EDIUS. Sequence markers will become chapters, unless you tell it otherwise.
    2. Use ProCoder or ProCoder Express for EDIUS to create DVD VOB files. Sequence markers are used as chapters, if they exist.

Also note that there is a limit to the number of chapters allowed per DVD title.

ok thanks once again
    i have managed to create chapters by printing to dvd as long as i use the timeline sequence.
    however, if i export to mpg2 from the timeline there are no chapters

procoder allows the markers to be set as chapters but i see no need to use procoder to convert the timeline to mp2 before adding it as a file to be burned to dvd

it would be better if exporting the sequence to mpg2 would recognise the markers as chapters

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by foundy View Post
    so when i exported initially should i have used procoder or the standard mp2 codec to make the dvd file first

i see that procoder gives the choice of using the markers as chapters but if i use the standard mp2 preset from the print to video settings it does not allow chapters
    you need to tick as seen in attached and you will get a visible chapter menu

or do you wish for a DVD with no menu that has chapters
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Also note that there is a limit to the number of chapters allowed per DVD title.
    The DVD specs allow up to 99.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Okay, time to clear the air...
    There are two ways to get timeline markers to become DVD chapters when exporting from EDIUS:
    1. Use the built-in Print to DVD function (DVD Creator) in EDIUS. Sequence markers will become chapters, unless you tell it otherwise.
    2. Use ProCoder or ProCoder Express for EDIUS to create DVD VOB files. Sequence markers are used as chapters, if they exist.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    Use print to DVD. Follow the menus. It gives you the option to have chapters. The chapters will be set by the markers you placed on the timeline. Procoder does not give you this facility.

Leave a comment:

• foundy
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    you have some settings wrong

in DVD creator you can tick if chapters or title will be shown or not
    so when i exported initially should i have used procoder or the standard mp2 codec to make the dvd file first

i see that procoder gives the choice of using the markers as chapters but if i use the standard mp2 preset from the print to video settings it does not allow chapters

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you have some settings wrong

in DVD creator you can tick if chapters or title will be shown or not

Leave a comment:

• foundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aristotelis View Post
    you do it on the timeline by pressing the v button at the points you want... then you choose print to dvd
    that does not work

Leave a comment:

• foundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Keep in mind that you'll have to correct the thumbnails of each chapter manually. This is a bug since the start.

i have tried to set chapters on the timeline but when i use dvd creator it does not recognise them and the dvd only has the main chapters and no subs

i don't quite know what you mean by " correct the thumbnails of each chapter manually"
    please explain

Leave a comment:

Working...
X