Edius and Sony's DVD Architect Pro 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius and Sony's DVD Architect Pro 5

Anyone editing HDV in Edius and using Architect Pro 5 to burn blu-ray dvds? What's the workflow? Quality? Speed? Learning curve?

edit/cut in edius, render to mpeg2, burn dvd in DVDA5...what's the mystery?
    Chalchihuitl Productions
    Sony EX1-Canon 7D DSLR-Flash XDR
    HP8730w/HP8740w/Intel X48

Comment

Can you do motion menus with Architect Pro comparable to DVD Studio Pro? Or do they look cheap and cheesy?

Comment

Wow Warren

It only came available yesterday :)

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
          Wow Warren

It only came available yesterday :)
          I know.... that's why I'm anxious to know if anyone has even seen it or tried it somewhere... even a prototype.

Comment

Yes I have it just loaded. I don't do motion menus so can't help there but there are lots of instructions on how to create motion menus so I suppose it does do them. The only difference from 4.5 is Blu-ray BD-MV other than that I can't see any difference. I also got the latest update to TMPGenc that encodes to BLu-ray spec but DVDA 5 does not like the output and neither does Encore!! I do not have Procoder 3 so my choice was to output HQ and let TMPGenc encode. No such luck. Both Encore and DVDA 5 say they will take about 8.5 hours to encode my 2 hour 10 min Canopus HQ 1440x1080i video. Will set it going over night.

Ron Evans
            Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
              Yes I have it just loaded. I don't do motion menus so can't help there but there are lots of instructions on how to create motion menus so I suppose it does do them. The only difference from 4.5 is Blu-ray BD-MV other than that I can't see any difference. I also got the latest update to TMPGenc that encodes to BLu-ray spec but DVDA 5 does not like the output and neither does Encore!! I do not have Procoder 3 so my choice was to output HQ and let TMPGenc encode. No such luck. Both Encore and DVDA 5 say they will take about 8.5 hours to encode my 2 hour 10 min Canopus HQ 1440x1080i video. Will set it going over night.

Ron Evans

Ron,
              You might want to PM Anton about the TMPG settings. From his posts, I get the impression he is very familiar with that product.
              A setting must be off to not allow encore to accept it. I believe there are several here on the forum that use Encore CS3 and TMPG.
              I have no idea about DVDA 5.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I normally use TMPGenc for SD encoding and DVDLab, Encore and DVD architect are happy . It is just the latest version encoding for Blu-Ray that has the problem. I haven't had the chance to try too many settings yet but will try other settings this weekend with shorter clips than 2 hour and 10 mins!!!

Ron
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
                  I normally use TMPGenc for SD encoding and DVDLab, Encore and DVD architect are happy . It is just the latest version encoding for Blu-Ray that has the problem. I haven't had the chance to try too many settings yet but will try other settings this weekend with shorter clips than 2 hour and 10 mins!!!

Ron
                  Ron,
                  Still PM anton about the HD settings for TMPG. I'm sure he will be able to help.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com
                  If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                  Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Animated Menus

iiBW, sorry but you can't do motion menues with buttons flying in with sony but you can have a looping menu background
                    EDIUS 9.5 /Win 10 x64 Dell T5600 INTEL Xeon 16 core @2.66GHz 32GB RAM /NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660TI, SSD SAMSUNG 500GB PRIMARY, WD 5.5TB STORAGE, 2x WD500GB ASSETS, heroglyph 4.0, Sony AVCHD cam, Canon DSLRs.
                    Sys 2: Asus ROG G75series

Comment

Working...
                    X