X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andris
    replied
    In case it's useful information to someone , I solved my problem :

First I downloaded and ran : ComponentTransferErrorFix.exe from the Installshield web site - Judging by the name of the fix, one would have expected this should have fixed the problem but it made no difference.

I then un-Install PCE for Edius - with no problem
    I then un-Install PCE ( standalone ) - this crashes and comes up with error saying that it cannot open C:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\{84FCC59c..........}.

I then copied the PCE folder from the DVD, overwriting the whole
    contents of the specific InstalLshield Information folder which was generating the error.

PCE then instantly started installing itself automatically.

I am operational again, except every time now after burning a DVD from the Timeline, when exiting PCE, at the [Finish] step I get a [ PCE is forced to close .... send details to Microsoft ] error.
    Which I click "Don't Send" to and it returns me back to Edius OK. Something is still not 100% right.
    Last edited by andris; 07-07-2007, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• andris
    replied
    I copied the folder from DVD into the C drive's EDIUS4 directory - same error.
    I have admin. rights on my stand-alone dedicated PC - so not the issue.

I do have older versions of PCE on my PC C Drive's Canopus directory - A stand-alone version I purchased not long after PCE was first released ( many years ago ) and the other is the one that came with Edius 3 ( a couple of years ago ).
    Could this be an issue ?

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Try copying the folder containing the setup program to your hard drive somewhere and run it from there. Also try running the setup as Administrator.

Leave a comment:

• andris
    replied
    This is exactly what I am trying to do.

I have the Edius4 upgrade DVD, on it is a PCE directory with a file called ProCoderExpress Setup.exe .

When I run this file - it comes up with [ Component Transfer Error ]

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Originally posted by syqkaduna View Post
    you can check the installation disk,to find the "procoder express for edius" file,then install it.
    I'd do this to reinstall PCE.

Leave a comment:

• andris
    replied
    Component Transfer Error

I have just upgraded from Edius Pro 3.6 to 4. Everything seems to work as it should EXCEPT Procoder Express is not listed as an Export Option when [Print to File].
    When upgrading to Edius4, twice it come up with the error "An installation support file could not be installed. The system can not find the file specified." ( However, when I have upgraded Pro 3 in the past this same error used to appear and I have had no operational problems.)

Within the Installation DVD - folder [Tools ] I have tried to run ProCoderExpress Setup.exe - and everytime I get Error Message :
    Component Transfer error
    Component : Common Files
    File group : System Presets
    File : <svSystemPresetsFolder>\
    Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

What do I need to do to get PCE listed when I [ Print to File ] ?
    FYI : There is no pce.exe file in my EDIUS4 Directory

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Note

you can check the installation disk,to find the "procoder express for edius" file,then installs it.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    No, it just sometimes happen with the PCE install.

Leave a comment:

• alouden
    replied
    ya, finally tried that myself. Works that way.

Is this an issue or is there something i should look at on my end?

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Go into the E4 folder and run the PCE exe file

Leave a comment:

• alouden
    started a topic Procoder Express Issues

Procoder Express Issues

Hello All,

On updating to the latest version of Edius 4 I get the following error on installation:

"An installation support file could not be installed. The system can not find the file specified."

Then when I try to run Procoder Express from Edius it crashes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Allen
Working...
X