What needed for ediding HDCAM uncompressed HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke with someone who knows, here is what he said

You need a dual link card to do 4:4:4 such as from decklink or AJA. I really prefer the AJA cards, such as XENA for such a purpose. The AJA drivers are head and shoulders above Black Magic, in my opinion having owned both personally.
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi there
      Thanks for all your help on this.
      Ill go for AJA then, and ill be ediding offline in Edius.
      then ill export the EDL and do the collorcorrection and finish online in an other before exporting to tape again. i do not wana lose any color information.

Again, all of you ave been grate help on this.
      Big thanks to you.

Edius ediding and capturing 10bit 4:4:4 will be in my dreams until it will com true. Soon i hope.

All my best
      Johannes
      Last edited by johannesj; 07-03-2008, 12:40 PM.
      JoiCam´s
      Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
      2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
      3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
      4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
      Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
      Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
      And more

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_hd View Post
        Yep- 10bit files work fine, but in Edius they are not anymore 10bit, but 8bit, which is still fine in most cases, but not always.

You have 10bit source, but by importing it into Edius you loose your "nice" 2 bits:) Try to capture some gradients, import to Edius and export. You will see what will happen:)

Andrew
        I disagree with the gradient part of your post.
        I do a lot of underwater work, talk about gradients-anyway you look you have a gradient.
        If you are capturing into 8bit compressed HQ codec, yes you will see gradient.
        (Capturing to Canopus HQ by way of firewire I get gradient). I also did with Cineform Aspect product as well. It appears to be a codec issue.
        Prospect did not give me the gradient.

I capture with my Intensity Pro at 8bit either uncompressed or MJPEG.
        Neither one of these give me the gradient issue. This is captured either by way of analog or HDMI at 1920x1080 square pixel.

A 10bit compressed codec would be very helpful for use within Edius.
        I know that has been a product request for quite some time.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

It should be noted, that a great deal of cameras still record data at 8-bit. It's when you move into the realm of digital content creation that 10-bit stands out.

To clarify, putting a 10-bit clip on the timeline won't magically rewrite the source file into 8-bit. It's what you produce from EDIUS, that will be different. It's non-destructive editing, after all..

Comment

The main subject was hdcam sr 10bit 4:4:4, then also about hdcam 750 10bit 4:2:2.
            This has been clered out for me that i will need another capture board for import and export of both of those, so i can keep the original quality all the way to the finished master tape, yes i wana keep it 10bit.
            I will do offline edit in Edius and then ill export the EDL and finish online from an other, i can live with that for some time.
            My dream is doing my projects in Edius all the way, 10bit 4:2:2 uncompressed and even 10bit 4:4:4 uncompressed.
            Until then i will do it this way.
            I hope there will be at least 10bit 4:2:2 Edius soon.

Edius is and will be my main Edid system as it keep´s on growing, like it has.

Again thanks for all your help on this.
            This has been a grate help.

My werrrrry best
            Johannes
            Last edited by johannesj; 07-06-2008, 11:47 PM.
            JoiCam´s
            Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
            Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
            Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
            And more

Comment

!!!!!!! That is not my only choice. That i know. ;)

johannes
              JoiCam´s
              And more

Comment

But my heart beat did stop for fiew sec.
                JoiCam´s
                And more

Comment

Working...
                X