Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulTV
    replied
    Thanks for the input, I'm very aware of mp3 and wma audio file limitations when editing, as I posted before, they were removed, and whilst there was a small improvement in timline response, as expected, the main issue still remains. I've run another memtest86 on my RAM, all good there too. I'm pretty stuck with this one, it all started after updating to 4.61, whilst in 4.54 all was OK.

Is it possible that my use of EX1 footage is doing it? In 4.54 I converted my files to .mxf using clip browser, then imported those.

Guess I might try messing with some HQ converted footage and see if the errors still exist.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    replied
    Given that the mp3 problems keep cropping up with users, would it not be a good idea if Edius pops up a warning when importing such files?

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    MP3 AUDIO is a source of many an issue!

dump em for wav!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    RAM issue maybe?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I already seen your problem

mp3, dump them asap

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Hi Anton,

Project setting is DVCam Pro Hd 1440x1080 50i

53 clips of EX1 1440x1080 50i footage
    2 hours of HDV material (5 clips)
    14 audio tracks - mp3

8 sequences for syncing audio to video from recording session.
    2 sequences for interviews.

various rendered clips

This project is fresh, all material on raid 0 sata drives, install of windows and Edius is new in an attempt to sort this problem.

No VST's in use.

I'm just converting all the mp3's to rule them out too - done no change - always opening the 6th sequence causes
    the instability - no matter which 6

thanks

Paul
    Last edited by PaulTV; 07-02-2008, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    how many clips are in the project folder?

what is the project setting and do all clips used match the project setting?

once I know, I will try and recreate it

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Anton,

Yeah, this is what I'm doing, if I add a sequence at a time, I hit 6 and it goes nuts, and it doesn't seem to matter what they contain - by the way there's no vst's in play here, all HDV and EX1 footage - some sequences audio wav only.

thanks

Paul

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    create a folder in the bin called sequences, drag all sequences in there

you can close all in one hit

double click any to open it

I use Edius 4.61 and have not experienced this yet, I keep the sequences open, but have hardly more than 5 or 6

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Tried some earlier NX drivers, no difference, tried alternative graphics card 8800 gt - no difference - so I guess I'm stuffed, closing sequences is the only way forward ( backwards )

This only happened since version 4.6

I'm going for a swim in the pool, this gives me stress.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    Hey Barry,

Yep, switching out the NX card fixes this issue - so maybe I should re install
    with older NX drivers and try that - maybe from 4.24 or something around that vintage!
    thanks

Paul
    you can try that, after you do, your projects will no longer load

been there, done that

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Hey Barry,

Yep, switching out the NX card fixes this issue - so maybe I should re install
    with older NX drivers and try that - maybe from 4.24 or something around that vintage!
    thanks

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    Can anyone clarify normal working practice - am I expecting too much having 10 sequences open, should I only have the squence I am working on open for fastest system response?

Edius appears to be "looking" at all sequences at the same time and taking a performance hit.

I would have assumed that Edius would have "ignored" the background sequences as you work, making its performance smooth.

Thanks

Paul
    Paul I am using Edius in Software only and have had no problems with the number of sequences, Max number I have used is 15
    Perhaps try to disable the NX in "Device Manager" and see hat happens
    Not much help
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Can anyone clarify normal working practice - am I expecting too much having 10 sequences open, should I only have the squence I am working on open for fastest system response?

Edius appears to be "looking" at all sequences at the same time and taking a performance hit.

I would have assumed that Edius would have "ignored" the background sequences as you work, making its performance smooth.

Thanks

Paul

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    With me it just appears to relate to the density of material on multiple sequences, as though the interface is still reading all the other sequences that are in the background.

It's happy as larry with one sequence open and just gets more grouchy the more I have up.

Damm, maybe my Xeons are past it!

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X