Umm.. I got me an old .DVC file...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm.. I got me an old .DVC file...

Got a call from an old client (We used to be real close)...

Sorry. Billy Joel Joke.

Anyway, they want to see a video we did for them about 5 years ago. Found the DVD backup we have of it, and it's a .DVC file with 15 or so avi's on it. This is before I began with Dan Simrell Advertising, and Dan tells me it's a rexedit (or stormedit) file. The software is lost to the ages. Is there anyway Edius can read the DVC file, or is there any way to get a copy of the software since it is no longer made, and therefore no longer protected from copyright laws?

Originally posted by dansimrelladvertising View Post
    [...]get a copy of the software since it is no longer made, and therefore no longer protected from copyright laws?
    I'm not sure where you got this, but just because a piece of software has been discontinued doesn't put it in the public domain -- it is still protected by (not from) copyright laws.

Comment

Correct - it's not "abandonware" in the sense that it not longer attracts copyright law.

As it is, Storm Edit and Rex Edit are obtained by contacting Technical Support. It should be noted that neither piece of software will function without the associated hardware board being installed and present in the same system.

(And, you'll need to know which product was used to create the DVC)

Comment

Working...
      X