Dissolve between tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissolve between tracks

Sometimes I prefer clips on two tracks (e.g. 1VA & 2V) just so I can see what's going on! The only way I know to dissolve between clips on two tracks is to use the fade in/out tool or manually fade using the blue line in the white area. However both these methods are unsatisfactory because the images are actually fading to/from black and the result is the image going dim through the dissolve.

Am I missing a trick here or is this normal for Edius?
    Barry Weare
    BW Videofilms, Berkshire UK
    --------
    Edius 5.5, Win7 Pro 64bit, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce9600GT, 5x 1TB SATA II (24/7 WD Enterprise type) with 4x in Raid1 for video, 1x for system/utilities.

be sure to always apply the fade or dissolve to the upper track only
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Also make sure the bottom track is overlaping (or would that be underlaping in this case?) the top track.

Comment

Barry:
        Yes, you are missing a trick. Pay attention to what pjsssss notes above, and simply put a disolve transition (or any other transition you wish to use) on the keyer track of the upper clip.
        Fred D
        Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

let me help visualize it
          Attached Files
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks!

Eureka, it works! But for your help I could have produced years of films with dim dissolves without figuring it out my dim self. Many thanks.
            Barry Weare
            BW Videofilms, Berkshire UK
            --------
            Edius 5.5, Win7 Pro 64bit, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce9600GT, 5x 1TB SATA II (24/7 WD Enterprise type) with 4x in Raid1 for video, 1x for system/utilities.

Comment

dissolves & crossfades

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Eureka, it works! But for your help I could have produced years of films with dim dissolves without figuring it out my dim self. Many thanks.
              Gees guys I have came over to edius from Premiere Pro and am having all sorts of problems figuring out this interface. I am for one, trying to do the same add a fade in on the front of a clip (the very first clip ion the timeline) after adding the buttons to the timeline it doesnt do anything when i add the fade in to any part of the clip. I know Im missing something but need a little advise on what im doing wrong.
              also cannot find the add video button only in the application settings for the left player??????

Please help!

Comment

to fade in, drag a dissolve yo the beginning of the clip at the bottom gray area called the keyer track

or add the fade in fade out tool buttons on the timeline, in customize, button, timeline

or create ab opacity rubberband fade on the keyer track yourself and an audio rubberband fade while you are at it, the following is a fade out example
                http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...fade-still.gif

to kill audio on any clip, click the delete audio button on top of timeline, you may need to add it first

or, drag a clip to a V track and the audio is deleted automatically
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X