• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
    Hi Anton,

Might suspect what Kenneally said about the bug might be true here - on v4.5. I cleared all tracks - still cannot move audio. Tried many times. Audio can be moved from one A track to another - but not to ANY VA track. Highlighting the audio, also highlights the video with it - so am perplexed. Not a big thing - but certainly time consuming to edit.
    Thanks - and any other suggestion will be taken!
    Cheers,
    Alan
    if you can't move audio from A tracks up to VA tracks, there can be one more reason

maybe on the left of the VA track the V is turned on, this means it is a pure video track and won't accept audio until you click the V to turn it off

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Thanks Khoi. I definitely did read your post, and understand it well. I was just responding to Anton's post. There's most times many ways to solve problems, so I was just clarifying one of the suggestions that was not working for me. Just in case I didn't fully comprehend.
    Cheers and thanks,
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
    Hi Anton,

Might suspect what Kenneally said about the bug might be true here - on v4.5. I cleared all tracks - still cannot move audio. Tried many times. Audio can be moved from one A track to another - but not to ANY VA track. Highlighting the audio, also highlights the video with it - so am perplexed. Not a big thing - but certainly time consuming to edit.
    Cheers,
    Alan
    Did you read my post? that is the way to add your transitions to all clips in one move, but if you want more work and bring those audio clips back to 1VA then you will have to remove group first (shift+Ctrl+i) then drag them back up.

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Anton - didn't work ! !

Hi Anton,

Cheers,
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    There actually was a bug at one point where EDIUS would forget that you told it to clear all tracks, and so a new sequence/project would retain previous lock settings - but I believe it was squashed out in 4.60-4.61..

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
    I have often wondered if this gets "enabled" by dare I say a bug?
    not sure, could be

I assumed it is caused by touching the associated keyboard shortcut keys?

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    you have accidentally enabled audio mapping, to clear audio mapping, select clear all tracks
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...all-tracks.gif

then you can drag the audio in its proper place
    I have often wondered if this gets "enabled" by dare I say a bug?

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Thanks a bunch, Anton. As ususal, you're a gem!
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you have accidentally enabled audio mapping, to clear audio mapping, select clear all tracks
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...all-tracks.gif

then you can drag the audio in its proper place

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    You can turn off "sync", leave all the clips where they are VA1 and A1, make sure that your default dissolve transition and cross fade have the same duration, highlight all the clips, drag your dissolve to the VA1 track and dissolve and cross fade will be apply to all clips.

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    started a topic Whoops! Audio & Video separated....

Whoops! Audio & Video separated....

Here's a puzzlement! I've tried everything. Loaded 125 clips onto the timeline, trimmed each one to my liking, and then discovered I've accidentally loaded the Video onto VA1 and the audio went to A1. Have tried everything thing "put them together", before adding transitions - but to no avail. Each time I add a transition the highlighted VA1 track switches to the A1, so I have to switch the highlight back before I can add another transition. Just a pain in the "Ars", but anyone have a solution for putting the tracks back together on the VA1 track? It'll just save me a bunch of time. No catastrophy.
    Cheers and thanks,
    Alan
Working...
X