Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subtitles

Any of you guys used Subtitle Workshop?
    Just fixed some titles and need to know whats the best format to save in and export for bringing it in to edius. The manual is not so great!

thx

Hi, I use subtitle workshop, but I never import it into edius, but i do import into my dvd authoring program, which is DVDit pro 6.1
    A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)

Comment

We use Subtitle Workshop with DVDlab Pro. It doesn't seem to matter which format you choose as most are accepted.
      Andrew Pinder
      www.chpv.co.uk
      Edius 9 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k; Windows 10 (64 bit Pro); Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro; i9-9900K CPU; 32GB RAM;
      Asus GTX1060 graphics; RME Fireface800 audio; SATA RAID

Comment

Subtitles in Edius

Maybe I'm not thinking right here! I thought it could be used in edius on the timeline just like normal subtitles? I hope I'm right!

If not whats the best way to put subtitles on an avi file- Quick title seems a long drag somehow.

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure SubtitleWorkshop is specifically for DVD authoring programs, where the subtitle is pocessed as a separate layer from the actual video. With Edius it's QuickTitler or TitleMotion "Pro" I'm afraid - I can well understand your disappointment.
          Andrew Pinder
          www.chpv.co.uk
          Edius 9 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k; Windows 10 (64 bit Pro); Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro; i9-9900K CPU; 32GB RAM;
          Asus GTX1060 graphics; RME Fireface800 audio; SATA RAID

Comment

There's a difference between hard coded subtitles and subtitles. With regular subtitles, the user can turn on/off the subtitles with the remote control (or through a menu), and this is done through the DVD authoring program. The other way is hard coded subs where the subtitles are always present and encoded with the video. This can be done in EDIUS through quicktitler or TMPro or Photoshop (I've done it through Photoshop).

Comment

Thanks for your imput guys! Quick titler here I come.

Comment

Working...
              X