X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
    Presumably Edius will be able to read files on the Mac partition without any problem?
    If you've purchased and run MacDrive, sure. If not, Windows cannot access HFS/HFS+ partitions.

Also note: MacDrive is incompatible with x64 XP/Vista. I found out that out the hard way recently..

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Glad everyone is enjoying Macs along with EDIUS hehe

Just make a partition as big as you want, if you plan to install alot of Windows applications leave room for it. I would give it at least 250GB since you have such a big OS drive..
    Thanks Dave - I appreciate your help and that of everyone else who has joined in this thread.

Presumably Edius will be able to read files on the Mac partition without any problem?

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    I am with you on this Dave.
    Have the second generation mac.
    I am using it with vista ultimate 64 now (had xp earlier)
    No problems here .
    2 of my friends also use this combo and they are happy

May be it is a special Geoff bug?? he he........ (joking)

Steve

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Glad everyone is enjoying Macs along with EDIUS hehe

Geoff, I'm pretty much lost on your issues, that is the only way I would figure out what the problem is would be to actually see your system. Something must be wrong, I haven't really had any major problems that you are having.

Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
    The Mac Pro is on the way :). Pending the purchase of a couple of extra drives (budget is tight for a couple of months) are there any tips for setting up bootcamp on the main 750Gb drive please?
    Not much, Apple has made it very easy that even a non techie can do it. Just make a partition as big as you want, if you plan to install alot of Windows applications leave room for it. I would give it at least 250GB since you have such a big OS drive. It's upto you. Bootcamp only creates the partition for you and formats it to FAT32, once it creates it, Bootcamp asks you to insert the Windows CD and then you restart. When you run the Windows installer, you will have to format to NTFS (use Quick Format, takes less time) and then off you go.

Booting to Windows or OSX is easy, all you do is hold down the Option key to before the Mac sound comes up and it will give you the option of picking either OS. You can also setup the default to be Windows (it is OSX by default, obviously) so when you start your computer it will boot into Windows.

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    Thanks Geoff - expecting the UPS van next Thursday :)

Leave a comment:

• Geoff
    replied
    Hedley, Boot camp is no problem and has worked without any side issues for me; just follow the on screen instructions. I have fitted three extra internal HDs, two of which operate in RAID 0 and also increased my RAM to 7GB mainly for use with FCP and Photoshop - Windows only recognises up to 3GB.
    Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Geoff
    replied
    Pleased to hear that all is OK with your instalation; just wish I could get mine going as it should. Canopus have said the NXe cards are OK, Apple have said their computer is OK and the boards exhibit the same fault on three brand new MacPros so it seems to me that it is an NXe problem, but I seem to have hit a blank wall as far as getting it fixed!
    Geoff

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    The Mac Pro is on the way :). Pending the purchase of a couple of extra drives (budget is tight for a couple of months) are there any tips for setting up bootcamp on the main 750Gb drive please?

Leave a comment:

• bashvideo
    replied
    hi ,

i installed my edius nx card with component hd card on my mac pro .

system booting normally , there is no proplem .

thanks to all .

Leave a comment:

• bashvideo
    replied
    hi ,

i know the defrent between raid 0 , 0+1 , 5

but this is first time i know that i can make raid 0 without raid card .

thanks alot

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    No you don't need a RAID card, unless you plan to run an external RAID setup. For external setups, caldigit is a good company to look at...

Check this page. Remember that you will not have fault tolerance in RAID 0, so if one of the drives die, you will lose all the data.
    Last edited by STORMDAVE; 06-22-2008, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bashvideo
    replied
    thanks to stormdave

do you mean i don't need raid 0 card ??

if i need raid card , what kind you prefer ??

i go to computer management > Storage > Disk Management . then what to do ? how can i make raid0 from there . can you explain more :)

thanks alot .

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I think Geoff is alone with the problems. I'm on my second Mac Pro (the last one was previous generation and the new one is new generation) and the NX worked fine in both.

You can make a internal RAID0 by putting in 2x1TB drives (for example) in the drive cages and then do a software RAID0 by striping the 2 drives together in administrative tools > computer management > Storage > Disk Management (Local).

Leave a comment:

• bashvideo
    replied
    hi to all

i just have my new mac pro yesterday

i make like stormdave , but i installed windows vista 64 bit just to try it with the 8gb ram .

im thinking to remove vista 64bit and install vista 32bit in the few days .

stormdave said " make raid0 in windows " how to do that ? what the raid card that i can install it in the mac pro ? can you explain that ?

im thinking to install my edius nx card in mac pro . geoff said he have problems with booting , is there any way to fix these problems ?

thanks to all .

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    Thanks Geoff - I noted that from your earlier posts. Hope you remain unique in that respect ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X