X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • istvan
    • May 2007

H264 in Edius

Hi,

which is the best container and audiocodec if one would like to edit H264-Videos with Edius 4.61 Pro?

I mean Quicktime and MP3...

Has anybody else a better idea?

Thanks,

I.
  • GrassValley_KH
    Mr Sparkle
    • Apr 2007

Currently EDIUS can only edit H.264 in either Quicktime or AVCHD flavours.

Other containers such as AVI or MKV are not supported.

Comment

• STORMDAVE
      • May 2007

H264 is very heavy. Maybe if you convert it to Canopus HQ first, you should be fine.

Comment

• THoff
        • May 2007

I would agree with Stormdave, H.264 is a good acquisition and delivery format, but it isn't practical for editing.

If you have H.264 source material, transcode to Canopus HQ for editing, and when you're done, output a new H.264 file.

Comment

• tingsern
          • May 2007

100% agree with that. I convert AVCHD to Canopus HQ first - use Glass Valley's tool for that. Edit using EDIUS - no problems at all. NEVER input AVCHD files directly into EDIUS. It will choke - even on my 8 core 3.2Ghz Xeons ...
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 10 WG, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 11 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema

Comment

• istvan
            • May 2007

Hi,

thank you for the tipps. I do not know if it was a problem. I have some SD-Footage only (720 x 576) being encoded with 2Mbits. It should go...

Regards,

I.

Comment

Working...