Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another old project restoration problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another old project restoration problem...

I have a problem with restoring old project. I'm making updated version of my client's video from last year, so I copy all my backup files to my hard drive.

I'm able to batch capture the reels, but the problem is with the After Effect composition files.. somehow I cannot open it via clip restoration dialog although I have the exact file name, folders, and even file size!! when I open the dialog and find the file, the "Open" button is grayed out.

Can anyone help me?? please I'm pretty frustrated with this..

I've read this thread http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...=4043#post4043
    and I support brother Mike Truly's idea to next Edius update:

Originally posted by Mike Truly
    Product:
    Edius

Feature:
    Use/Re-link Clips of Different Durations

Description:
    Currently when you have an edit that contains a video clip and you change the duration of that clip outside of Edius, when you re-open the edit in Edius the Missing Clip dialog will be shown for the changed clip. The clip is located in the same place with the same name, but because of the different clip duration it is shown as 'missing' and the re-link dialog will refuse to use the changed clip.

I would like Edius to ignore the difference in the clip length and use the clip in the edit anyway. If the changed clip is shorter or longer than the original version, Edius should place the clip occupying the same space as before on the timeline and not disturb the rest of the timeline. The user will then be required to adjust the clip on the timeline as necessary to accomodate the new length.
    Thanks..

Dont know if this will help, but open the folder where the files are stored, and look for the project folder, and try opening by clicking on the EDIUS icon....then save the project...like I say, dont know if it will help, but it is worth the try......

Comment

Originally posted by Alade View Post
      Dont know if this will help, but open the folder where the files are stored, and look for the project folder, and try opening by clicking on the EDIUS icon....then save the project...like I say, dont know if it will help, but it is worth the try......
      It doesn't work... what i meant is, i'm unable to restore offline clips that is not from tape, but a rendered composition from after effects.. the 'open' button is greyed..

Comment

Instead of using the offline restore dialog, can you simply add the problem clip(s) to the project through the add files button?
        Fred D
        Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
          Instead of using the offline restore dialog, can you simply add the problem clip(s) to the project through the add files button?
          Yes of course I can do that.. but I have to place it one by one again. it's ok...
          Thanks anyway...
          But I wonder why Edius have problems with project restoration.. and never resolve this problem since version 3..

I love Edius for its simplicity and stability, but i have to admit, for project restoration management, adobe premiere is still in advance.. although I'm using Edius for my projects.. :p

Comment

Working...
          X