chromakey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chromakey

I am trying to get a good key using the chromakey filter. But since my target is standing close to the greenscreen i get a lot of green spill around the edges. Does edius have anything like spill suppression to get rid of the green spill like other programs have? And i am aslo wondering of the new ultra cs3 is compatible with canopus hq files in hdv? Might be able to use that to get a better key.

Originally posted by robbin View Post
    I am trying to get a good key using the chromakey filter. But since my target is standing close to the greenscreen i get a lot of green spill around the edges. Does edius have anything like spill suppression to get rid of the green spill like other programs have? And i am aslo wondering of the new ultra cs3 is compatible with canopus hq files in hdv? Might be able to use that to get a better key.
    The Edius chroma key controls are not necessarily standardly labeled (choke, spill suppression, etc.). You may be in for some experimentation to get a hold of how to get your best key.

It hardly goes in depth, but to get a cursory look at what you might try first, take a look at the chroma keying example at http://ediustraining.grassvalley.com/

I don't see why Canopus HQ files wouldn't work with CS3 apps as long as it's on your Edius machine.

Comment

Anyone here familiar with chromakeying with borisfx red v4. When i have done a good chromakey inside if red and hit apply. The file in edius v4 doens't have alpha, just puts black where the green used to be. What am i doing wrong? Is there some settings im forgeting?

Comment

Have you tried it with a clip behind it? In Edius, the key part will show as black until you have something there.

Comment

Anyone here familiar with chromakeying with borisfx red v4. When i have done a good chromakey inside if red and hit apply. The file in edius v4 doens't have alpha, just puts black where the green used to be. What am i doing wrong? Is there some settings im forgeting?
          This is another impact of Edius' lack of full alpha support. You have two options if you want to keep things on the Edius timeline. If you're going to use the Red Filter, import your background into Red as a track. Probably easier is to apply Red as an A/B transition.

You can follow along with this example (visually - no audio).

Comment

Tnx alot for the video showing how to do it. Gonna try it right away...

Comment

Works fine. Only thing is that i cant play back clip in realtime. Since i hate rendering im gonna try and see if i can adjust my ligthning and use edius own chromkey filter. Strange too lose realtime playback from just one boris red chromakey filter. My computer is pretty fast, but can't play it back. Im using core2duo e6000 clocked to 3.42ghz. Might be something wrong with my installation!

Comment

Strange too lose realtime playback from just one boris red chromakey filter.
                Boris is NOT realtime.

Comment

Works fine. Only thing is that i cant play back clip in realtime. Since i hate rendering im gonna try and see if i can adjust my ligthning and use edius own chromkey filter. Strange too lose realtime playback from just one boris red chromakey filter. My computer is pretty fast, but can't play it back. Im using core2duo e6000 clocked to 3.42ghz. Might be something wrong with my installation!
                  Because of the way Edius works, with a sufficiently stout machine, you might have come across simple transitions or titles that could play before the buffer ran out, but as Zorro said, Red is not realtime and you should always expect to render.

I think a good policy is to use the best/most appropriate tool for the job in front of you. By all means, don't use Red when you have an equivalent RT solution. By the same token, if the RT solution isn't getting the job done to the quality level your task requires, then rendering is necessary. It's not something to be hated, just use the render and add to timeline option and move on.

Comment

When you select the background using one of the color range finders you will see that there are two adjustments. One on the inside for the main color(s) being picked and an outer edge you can adjust for a blend.

Did you try adjusting the outer edges of the selection tool to see if you could suppress it that way?

Mike

Comment

I am trying to get a good key using the chromakey filter. But since my target is standing close to the greenscreen i get a lot of green spill around the edges. Does edius have anything like spill suppression to get rid of the green spill like other programs have?
                      To get rid of the spill, then you want to increase the chroma/luma range being keyed. I highly recommend using one of the shape pickers (not the dropper).

To correct shadow colors, etc, use the Cancel Color sliders. Set Power to full, then adjust Range until you get an odd-color shadow. Then adjust Power until the shadow is a more neutral color.

Comment

Dissolve at beginning/end of chromakey clip

Hi, I'm brand new to booster. I would like to fade into and out of my chromakey track but can't add the effect at the beginning and end of the clip. Any advice please?

Comment

Use the keyer track and adjust the opacity at the beginning and the end

Comment

Futher help please!

Sorry - but I don't know how to use the program! Can you explain more about the keyer track and how to use the opacity tool? Can you also please let me know where I can get some comprehensive training for Neo 2 Booster? I am currently trialling the software - and like it - but don't know how to make my way around it. I also need background music which the software doesn't come with - any advice would be much appreciated!

Comment

Beside a few extra's Edius is not that different than Neo, you could spend some time to watch all the video's on the GV web site regarding tutorial for Edius 4 & Edius 4.5

If you master all of that you can easily make your way around Neo and pick up the rest yourself :)

like any software Neo is not that hard to master, but only if you have grasped the basic of how Edius / Neo works (very different than other NLE's) it will be clear to you, watching the tutorials is realy a good start.

Comment

Working...
                              X