Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TitleMotion Roll and Crawl - is it normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TitleMotion Roll and Crawl - is it normal?

After using the 'Search' function, I found no answers to this problem :

The rolls and crawls created in TitleMotion behaves strange (As seen in the picture).
    Back in v4.2x versions, the behaviour was right.The rolls and crawls started from the first (second) frame in timeline.
    In some other post Anton told another guy to igone the blank sections.
    Well, I can't ignore that, considering to be a bug.
    In our situation, it's hard to guess where is the actual start of the roll. This is because while editing a news story, and being pressed by short time, you can't afford to lose time.
    Now, is it a bug or it's just the way it should be?
    Can you please fix this issue?

Thanks a lot.

I ran into the same issue last night with a roll, it would start anywhere from 7 to 9 seconds(!) after the beginning of the title clip. I can't believe Harris was able to charge money for this garbage, and it certainly doesn't deserve the "Pro" moniker in the name. It is buggy as ****, cumbersome, and unintuitive. I'm going to check out Prodad's Heroglyph this weekend to complete a project that I've wasted way too many late hours on with Titlemotion Pro. I needed to line up some text with tabs, something that QuickTitler can't do, but Titlemotion Pro isn't much better and it has far too many other issues.

Having said that, Canopus / Grass Valley can't fix the bugs in Titlemotion because it's not their software -- they simply bundle it with some versions of Edius.
    Last edited by THoff; 06-13-2008, 09:50 PM. Reason: Jeez, I can't type...

Comment

Originally posted by bescunpui View Post
      After using the 'Search' function, I found no answers to this problem :

The rolls and crawls created in TitleMotion behaves strange (As seen in the picture).
      Back in v4.2x versions, the behaviour was right.The rolls and crawls started from the first (second) frame in timeline.
      In some other post Anton told another guy to igone the blank sections.
      Well, I can't ignore that, considering to be a bug.
      In our situation, it's hard to guess where is the actual start of the roll. This is because while editing a news story, and being pressed by short time, you can't afford to lose time.
      Now, is it a bug or it's just the way it should be?
      Can you please fix this issue?

Thanks a lot.
      what is the total duration of your TMPro clip on timeline?

what is the version number of your TmPro?

I have the latest version 37 here and the roll starts right away on a 30 second roll, it starts with a 1 second delay if roll is 1 minute

I am not sure if version 37 is officially available

can you email me your roll title and I test it here

anton at videoproductions.com.au
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I seem to have a much higher regard for TM Pro than some. Thought I'd check this out, certainly doesn't sound right to me. Well I built a 4 page roll, set its length to 20 seconds, and checked to see how long it took for the first text line to appear at the bottom edge of the screen. It took 1 second 7 frames. I then stretched it to 40 seconds. At 40 seconds it took 2 seconds 14 frames for the first line to break the bottom edge of the screen. It would seem that the speed of the roll determines the amount of delay before the first text appears. By the way, the 20 second roll represented what I would call a good usable quick roll and the 40 second still reasonable as a slow roll. Actually in some instances you might roll this either faster or slower than the 20/40 second rates. This is with TM pro 36.
        Fred D
        Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

Just an aside - Do users using the latest Edius version qualify for the latest TMpro? If so how?

What is the current bundled version number of TMpro with the latest EDIUS 4.6

Cath
          Asus P5K64WS, Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme CPU, Saphire HD 3850 512mb graphics, WDraptor160 OS, Highpoint Rocket raid 2310 4 x 500gig Seagate sata 2 se drives in raid 0, NXe and Edius 5.51 Imaginate 2.
          Procoder 3.06 and various Prodad add-ons

Comment

Hi Razvan

thanks for sending me your inscriber roll file

you were using unconstrained textboxes for your text, this is not ideal for rolling text, in fact I hardly ever use unconstrained

you can convert all your lines to constrained easily, I did your text in 40 seconds and then it rolls right away

select 1st textbox and press Ctrl+Tab
            select 2nd textbox and press Ctrl+Tab
            and so on.....

in the future, whenever you make a new roll, first thing you do is click inside empty textbox and press Ctrl+TAB to create a constrained text box, then add all text
            Last edited by antonsvideo; 06-18-2008, 01:56 AM.
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

There's something new to be learned around here every day. Anton: can you explain a bit about constrained and unconstrained text boxes? What's the difference? I've always simply initiated a fresh text box for each line. Didn't know there were different kinds of text boxes. Never been a problem for me doing rolls, but maybe there's a better way.
              Fred D
              Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

I tried that with my project, and it made no difference with V36 of Titlemotion Pro.

My workaround has been to put the title in a separate sequence, set In and Out points to control when the roll appears, and nest that sequence inside the sequence where I needed rolling credits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
                  There's something new to be learned around here every day. Anton: can you explain a bit about constrained and unconstrained text boxes? What's the difference? I've always simply initiated a fresh text box for each line. Didn't know there were different kinds of text boxes. Never been a problem for me doing rolls, but maybe there's a better way.
                  unconstrained textbox can be moved freely around, one line at a time

constrained textbox can't be moved around sideways, it is more like Microsoft Word, cut you can hold Ctrl while dragging a line down or up and all other lines below will follow, very handy
                  you will also be able to drag select several lines and format them in one hit, just like Word

you will soon see the advantages

I also often mix constrained and unconstrained on the same screen

just remember Ctrl+Tab to switch from one to the other
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

ok, we established that the roll delay problem does not exist in version 37

I simply opened Razvan's roll file and saved it, then it was fine

so the question is, how will Edius users who are entitled to TmPro get hold of this update?

KH? any ideas?
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

I'm not sure we've proven that Razvan's problem is a version 36 problem. I use version 36 doing rolls with unconstrained text boxes all the time, without any startup delay. Maybe there is something else going on in his system. If Razvan, or you Anton will send me his original problem roll, I'd be happy to try it on my system.
                      Fred D

Comment

Anton:
                        Thank you for your explanation of Constrained vs. Unconstrained. I've played around a bit with it and discovered there are 3 flavors of constraint. Text to tabs (which toggles with Ctrl/Tab), Word Wrap, and Locked Lines. They're all available under Element>Constrain. It turns out I've had Word Wrap constrained all along. I'll be using the others in the near future. It would also be nice if they provided a line spacing control, but as far as I can see that task is simply eyeball judgement by the user.
                        Fred D

Comment

Fred :

Sounds strange that you have no problem with rolls and crawls, using v36.
                          My browser it's smoking!
                          I've searched v37 all over the internet, FTPs (GV, Inscriber, Harris, etc.)
                          No founds.I've tried several versions of TM Pro (32, 35, 36, service packs)
                          I even reinstalled my sistem, borrowed the dongle from work to be able to play on fresh sistem.
                          No luck!
                          Anton was kind to provide me with info and help and I must agree that his version of TM, solves this bug.

Take a look at the rolls. mine vs Anton's.

Anton :

It will be nice if GV staff agrees with sharing that patch.
                          They'll keep away some people screaming. :)
                          Attached Files

Comment

BesCunpui, somewhere on planet Earth:
                            Got your files. Tried your original one. Experienced the delay. Couldn't save the file under the original name, "sharing violation" that's odd. Saved it under a new name without making any changes to it. Works fine. Text appears in 2 seconds with the clip stretched to 1 minute duration. Then changed the 3 constraint parameters everyway I could. Always works properly. Constrained or not. Now seeing that you're from Earth, I suppose you could be in PAL land and this could be a PAL associated bug. It sure works fine here in NTSC land, on version 36.
                            Fred D

Comment

Anton is in PAL land too.

As stated several times previously, nothing was changed (bug fix) between version 36 and version 37, aside from compatible products for installation (Aurora Craft).

In other words, if it's a bug in version 36, it's also a bug in version 37.

Comment

Working...
                              X