How to replace MXF file in project with Canopus HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to replace MXF file in project with Canopus HQ

I sometimes need to edit on site, and don't have time to convert the files to Canopus HQ, and have to edit in MXF. Is there some way to replace the MXF shots in my project with the Canopus HQ files, except by going in and replacing them one by one?

Or is there some way to open a project file in a text editor and replace all references to MXF with AVI?

Originally posted by roscoe_video View Post
    I sometimes need to edit on site, and don't have time to convert the files to Canopus HQ, and have to edit in MXF. Is there some way to replace the MXF shots in my project with the Canopus HQ files, except by going in and replacing them one by one?

Or is there some way to open a project file in a text editor and replace all references to MXF with AVI?
    Are you talking P2? Do you have Edius Broadcast?
    Once the clips are in the bin using P2 Select you can laso them all and do a "convert to file" by right clicking. Is that what you want?

jim
    Vista 64 * Asus P6* Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz CPU * 12 gigs Corsair * Nvidia GTX 275 * WD 150 gig 10,000 rpm System drive * (2) Hitachi 750 gig Video drives * (2) WD 1 TB Video drives * HD Spark * Edius 6.02, Imaginate, Adobe AE, Photoshop, Illustrator

Comment

Hi Jim,

The process is use Sony / Clipbrowser to convert EX1 files to MXF. I then sometimes do an onsite edit. Later I want to edit the complete project, but I want to use those same files as Canopus HQ ie a file named 2005009.mxf needs to be replaced on the timeline with 2005009.avi. I can do this one at a time, but how do I completely replace every mxf on the timeline with the equivalent Canopus HQ avi?

Regs
      Ross

Comment

Unfortunately there is no such "replace clip" feature in EDIUS. You have to manually import the new clip, and match it to the old one via finding out what the in point of the clip is and then replacing the old one...tedious, I know.

Comment

Working...
        X