Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George_S
    replied
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I tried the 3d pip and it was easy. Not bad with controlled zooming and positioning.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    You can also do this in Vegas or CS3 with their motion controls. Would be best done from the HD master in which case you would see very little difference in the SD final. I did this from a single fixed full stage FX1 shoot of a dance show and created what looked like a multi cam output using Vegas. Edius really needs to have a keyframable Layout tool.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by George_S View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The video is already done in SD 4:3, so that rules out the HD edit.
    I have used the 3D pip before, but I'm not sure how to use it to zoom in?
    And what about the lay-out tool? Would that work?
    For 3d pip just use the scale tool and reposition the center, if that is what you want. The Layout tool is not keyframeable. It would give you a 'zoomed'
    point of view but without movement.

Your other option would be to do this in AE. The zoom would not have the softness issue from 3d pip use. Either way, quality will suffer and there really is nothing that you can do about it....unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• George_S
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Do-able with 3d PnP, but go too far and your quality will be compromised.
    Thanks for the reply. The video is already done in SD 4:3, so that rules out the HD edit.
    I have used the 3D pip before, but I'm not sure how to use it to zoom in?
    And what about the lay-out tool? Would that work?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by George_S View Post
    What would be the best way to Zoom In on parts of the video clip, and keep the best resolution possible?
    My client wants to have several scenes that I have done, composed to show only several dancers in the scene.

In addition, I need to zoom in and back to normal inthe same video file or clip.
    If the final product is to be DV shoot the master file in HD and then do the zooming and panning within an HD timeline and then export to SD.

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    replied
    You can try adding the sharpen filter to improve things a bit, but like Rusty says don't expect miracles.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Do-able with 3d PnP, but go too far and your quality will be compromised.

Leave a comment:

• George_S
    started a topic Zooming in on Video Clip

Zooming in on Video Clip

What would be the best way to Zoom In on parts of the video clip, and keep the best resolution possible?
    My client wants to have several scenes that I have done, composed to show only several dancers in the scene.

In addition, I need to zoom in and back to normal inthe same video file or clip.
Working...
X