Delete All Cut Points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete All Cut Points?

I was editing in Multi-Cam mode in Edius 4.6. After working for two hours on a multi-cam dance performance I meant to delete one cut point. Apparently I chose "Delete All Cut Points" by mistake without realizing it. I noticed that several recent cuts were deleted in the dance routine I was editing, but didnt notice that ALL the cut points were deleted in the previous 15 routines also! I finished editing the last routine and closed the project.

Upon reopening I saw that 2 hours of cut points were gone. Obviously this was my error BUT shouldnt there be a warning box for something as critical as this command that cannot be undone?? Why not have a small warning box appear that says are you SURE you want to DELETE ALL cut points? A warning like this could be a life saver when eyes and\or fingers are tired and errors can easily be made.

Thanks!
    Keith
    East Coast Video

Edius Pro7, Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz Processor, 32gb RAM, ASUS Z87-Pro Motherboard, 3x2TB SATA, 500GB SSD, ATIR9 270X 4GB card, Samsung 24" Monitors, ADVC110 capture, Windows 7 Pro x64

I hate it when that happens!

I only delete cut points by double-clicking the dinky triangles.
    Guaranteed to only get the cut in question.

I'll bet you got your 2 hrs. worth of editing done in 1.5 hrs. the second time around!
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

bad luck...
      one cut point in multicam mode delete pressing 0 on numpad, timeline cursor must be on cut... Try to open some of the backup or autosave projects in your project folder, you maybe dont have all cuts but....
      My english...

Comment

Look in your autosaves - maybe you have a version to go back to
        DD

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
          Look in your autosaves - maybe you have a version to go back to
          DD
          yes Dave thats save my bacon a few times

Dave- Rich Video

Comment

Cut Points

Just curious. Why would you want to delete any cut points?

Comment

The way I work on a 4 camera multicam is edit for a few minutes, then play what I have edited to see if it makes sense. I often then move the cuts points, change the camera or delete a cut point altogether usually by double clicking the triangle, then I save. After about 10 mins I "save as" incrementing the project ID. That way I have projects set about 10 mins apart that I can always go back to. My projects are usually theatre shows of about 2 hours with 4 cameras. I keep the last and first sync up project and delete the others after I have finished.

Ron Evans
              Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

I needed to delete the cut point because I decided that I didn't need a cut at that particular point in the project. I meant to delete just one... not 200.
                Keith
                East Coast Video

Edius Pro7, Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz Processor, 32gb RAM, ASUS Z87-Pro Motherboard, 3x2TB SATA, 500GB SSD, ATIR9 270X 4GB card, Samsung 24" Monitors, ADVC110 capture, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

I am now saving after each routine, but am hoping that Canopus will add a WARNING whenever someone chooses "Delete all cut points" (Are you sure??)
                  This will save much potential frustration.
                  Keith
                  East Coast Video

Comment

Be sure to add this to the Feature Request Forum so it gets the attention of other users (for polling/voting), but more importantly the product development staff as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X