Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drdimento
    • Dec 2007

P2 User New To Edius

Does anyone know where I can get lots of help on the P2 Card file usage in Edius? I am having a literal nightmare getting a successful P2 workflow that will allow me to use the software more often.

Here's my most recent CLICK HERE

I'm also looking for Edius tutorials and/or training videos to buy or download which ever is best. I current use Avid otherwise but with Avid dropping support on both our NLE's, I'm soon to be in a hurt and have to move on . . up? :o)

Thanks in advance for the help.
    "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.
  • GrassValley_BH
    Demystifier/Analogizer
    • Apr 2007

Have you already read the P2 How To Document on EDIUS Training?

Comment

• THoff
      • May 2007

Panasonic also has a workflow document for Edius Broadcast:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...ow_Canopus.pdf

Comment

• easy_edit
        • May 2008

use broadcast

P2 have support only in edius broadcast version...

Comment

• drdimento
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by easy_edit
          P2 have support only in edius broadcast version...
          Hmmmmmm, how do I know which version I have? All it says when I click Help and About Edius is that it is Version 4.5.1. Maybe this is my problem. How do I find out ??
          "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Comment

• THoff
            • May 2007

Check if your "Capture" menu has a "P2 Select" item on it...

Comment

• easy_edit
              • May 2008

i dont have broadcast version, only broadcasy have support for p2, go to...

and se...
              The choice of which Thomson Grass Valley EDIUS NLE software package is right for you depends on the features you require, and the video equipment and formats that you need to capture from, edit with and export to...

Comment

• drdimento
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by THoff
                Check if your "Capture" menu has a "P2 Select" item on it...
                I believe I do. I'm checking tonight to make sure. But I'm certain that it does. It does not say broadcast on it anywhere but it is version 4.5.1. if that helps?

Comment

• tingsern
                  • May 2007

The only way to differentiate between broadcast and non-broadcast is to look for the P2 menu. Nothing on the startup.
                  TingSern
                  --------------------------------------
                  Edius 10 WG, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 11 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...