free anti-virus to use with Edius system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    I haven't been using any anti virus software for years....and my system's fine. Just don't go to sites that you don't trust and don't download anything that's not official and if it looks fishy, it probably is.
    Me too. All e-mails get scanned at ISP for virus and spam, and once i a while I scan my office / email / accounting PC with Panda on-line scanner.

/Ulf
    Best regards * Ulf * Denmark
    mail to me
    Main system: i7 3930K, 3.2 GHz @ 4.3 GHz, 32 GB RAM , 2 x WD 1TB Raid 0, 2 x 1 TB HDD, 1 x SSD boot, Nvidia GFX 570, Win 7 64.
    Second system: i7 970, 3.2 GHz, 24 GB RAM, Asus P6T, Samsung 840 Pro 120 GB systemdrive, 4 x WD 1TB in raid 5, 1 WD 500 GB for exports, Asus GTX 460 Win 7 64.
    Third system: Dell Precision M4600, i7 3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 2GB, 2 x SSD, win 7 64 Pro.

Edius 7.01 & 6.54 & - VisTitle 2

Comment

Wow you guys are game with no Antivirus Software and on the net, Good Luck.

Steve
      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
        Yeah, I don't think anyone should have a problem with any well known Antivirus Progams installed and Edius or Procoder .

Steve
        The common problem that people usually refer to is when the AV program starts scanning while you are doing something time-critical like video capture. This used to cause loads of dropped frames for some users.

I suppose with systems being much more powerful nowadays it should be less of a concern, but I still think it is not a good idea to have a lot of background processes running while trying to edit video.

Richard

Comment

This is why I use NOD32 from Eset Systems, regarded as one of the best around for many years, I know Kaspersky's runs a lot of background processes and can be a real pain.

Steve
          Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Don't you guys have more than one PC? Even as a hobby I have 4 on a network, hardware router to cable modem. One PC for the family internet access( email, browsing etc with AVAST, Zone ALARM, SPYBOT, etc), one I only use for banking/finance( no email account even set up) also with all the same virus checkers, an audio editing PC and a video editing PC both with nothing on them and just stripped to the bone of accessories etc and made to go as fast as possible. The editing machines only go to the internet for updates for software and for license verification(TMPGenc etc). The audio editor used to be the video editor part of the ripple process.. new video editor all the others ripple down!!!

Ron Evans
            Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

How are you going to guarantee that your editing system will be 100% free from mits after you connect it to the Internet?

As I mentioned earlier, I see no penalties on EDIUS running Norton Internet Security on the same OS as EDIUS.

Not many people can afford the space and/or time AND money to build multiple computers.
              TingSern
              --------------------------------------
              Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                How are you going to guarantee that your editing system will be 100% free from mits after you connect it to the Internet?
                I can't guarantee, neither can Norton. I make the assumption that my hardware router firewall is effective and that Microsoft, GV, Sony, TMPGenc etc will not send me a virus. Though I still download the main updates through the family PC with all the virus checkers on them unless that is not possible as is the case for license verification. A small PC doesn't take up much room and can use the same monitor, keyboard and mouse. I use a USB KVM switch for both editing PC's. I stopped using Norton when it didn't find a lot of viruses that I had to clean with Trendmicros free internet scan and moved to AVAST which is free and has kept my PC free of viruses ever since. I have used this approach since the mid 1990's with no problems so I am not going to change now as it works.

Ron Evans
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Working...
                X