Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    The OP probably used uncompressed avi and those are very heavy on your drives.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by GuyS View Post
    I have tried avi files as well as Quicktime with the same results. Edius stutters actually freezes for a minute or to with files I import to the timeline.
    Are you sure you chose CanopusHQ as the export codec as I have no problems.
    Right click the clip and select properties and see if under video CanopusHQ is identified as the codec.
    When Exported here in HQ with or without transparency no problems
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GuyS View Post
    I recently purchased Edius and have V 4.6. Whenever I import Digital Juice stuff I find it slows down...actually stops Edius, once placed on the timeline (I'm using HDV files for my video track).
    I have tried avi files as well as Quicktime with the same results. Edius stutters actually freezes for a minute or to with files I import to the timeline. Is there something I'm missing here. I have edited with Liquid Edition and not had the same problem. Many people have told me that Edius is supposed to be more robust and faster.
    I have a quad core 2.4 processor with 3 gigs of ram.

Let me add to Pats reply that using HQ codec out of Juicer 3 is the easiest way to go. You can also include alpha in your output from Juicer that will work in Edius.
    When you say 'HDV' files are you referring to native HDV mpegts files? If so, start capturing to HQ and you will see a much more responsive editor.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Edius has never been great at .mov files. I suggest that when you render your export out of Juicer, don't use the default Quicktime, but rather set up an HQ AVI as your render format and then save that as a preset and use it anytime you want to use a DJ effect in Edius. It should then play fine. Or if you already have some effect rendered out as .mov files simply, rt clk them and hit convert and it will give you an additional copy of the file that is convert to HQ avi.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    place the digital juice on timeline, select clip, double click ruler above, this sets in and out

now export to Canopus HQ, takes seconds only, then delete the original juice clip from timeline and try the HQ clip

Leave a comment:

• GuyS
    started a topic Digital Juice chokes Edius Broadcast

Digital Juice chokes Edius Broadcast

I recently purchased Edius and have V 4.6. Whenever I import Digital Juice stuff I find it slows down...actually stops Edius, once placed on the timeline (I'm using HDV files for my video track).
    I have tried avi files as well as Quicktime with the same results. Edius stutters actually freezes for a minute or to with files I import to the timeline. Is there something I'm missing here. I have edited with Liquid Edition and not had the same problem. Many people have told me that Edius is supposed to be more robust and faster.
    I have a quad core 2.4 processor with 3 gigs of ram.
Working...
X