Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you select processors for extra speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you select processors for extra speed?

Is it possible in Eduis to select the hardware setting for daul core, quade core or xeon processors to make it use all the processing power the computer/workstation has?

I have broadcast and some intel xeon quad processors and editing HD and SD footage. In both I struggle to get any kind of 3D wipe to happen in real time - you know the one with dice, or confetti effect. It staggers and slows right down.

I figured I had to select something to main the PC use the extra hardware, but there doesn't seem to be a facility for this!

Any suggestions, cheers...

I was going to ask a similar question...

I have a buffer max of 675. The buffer starts at 125/675 and goes to 0/675 and staggers - as Vobes mentions. How do I set Edius to recognize the 675?

S.
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I was going to ask a similar question...

I have a buffer max of 675. The buffer starts at 125/675 and goes to 0/675 and staggers - as Vobes mentions. How do I set Edius to recognize the 675?

S.
      Hold down the shift key before you start playback. This instructs EDIUS to prefill the entire buffer before attempting playback.

Comment

OMG TY
        That made a huge difference. :)
        Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Comment

Working...
        X