Sony EX-1 Standard definition capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony EX-1 Standard definition capture

I need to capture standard definition form a Sony EX1 Camera does anybody know it the device listed below is suitable !!! And would make a file i can use in Edius Brodcast 4.6 thanks for any help

Part Number: BMD-BDLK

Manufacturer: BlackMagic Design

Price: £129.00 + VAT (£149.00 SRP)
    (£151.58 inc VAT)

Originally posted by Barry Wilkes View Post
    I need to capture standard definition form a Sony EX1 Camera does anybody know it the device listed below is suitable !!! And would make a file i can use in Edius Brodcast 4.6 thanks for any help

Part Number: BMD-BDLK

Manufacturer: BlackMagic Design

Price: £129.00 + VAT (£149.00 SRP)
    (£151.58 inc VAT)
    Why not just use the HD file in an SD project setting?

Can you capture firewire off of the camera. If so, downconvert the signal output to SD and do a firewire capture to an SD project.
    Save yourself some money.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

There is no SD firewire out on this camera !!! Playing HD on the timeline to SD Is poor !! If you play SD from the Componet out of the Camera it is stunning So i want to capture that. Cheers Barry

Comment

There is no SD firewire out on this camera !!! Playing HD on the timeline to SD Is poor !! If you play SD from the Componet out of the Camera it is stunning So i want to capture that. Cheers Barry
        That pretty much sucks. Here is an alternative method.

I use an Intensity Pro to capture by way of analog. It seems to smooth out all of the rough edges. I have a Canon XH A1 and the images are not as sharp as the EX1 but they are very manageable. This card will allow HD and SD capture by way of analog or HDMI. If you want to use the SDI out then the card you mentioned would work. I have an SDI out for SD on the A1 but prefer the smoother look of analog. Sometimes Digital is just too sharp.
        You may run into that with the SDI capture.
        Otherwise, I understand Sony is going to release a way to downconvert to SD on capture from the cards. This would be the best way, and no extra cost.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I could capture that with Edius SP but that would be a realtime event and not faster
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Realtime is ok just need max SD Quality So have to decide SD in or Component. Looks like there are 2 Cheap cards that can do this.

Comment

Barry,

I am trying to do achieve the same as you. Want Full SD from EX HD.

I dont yet have the EX1 camera, but plan to purchase very soon.

If i understand correctly, that the EX1 has a HD/SD-SDI output from which i would need to connect to a capture card that has SDI in.

So, this would mean that the HD Footage is converted on the fly by the SD SDI IN.

Is the process real time or faster than real time?

Comment

This would be real time. I am buying a card tomorrow and i will let you know how i get on. ps the camera is great especially in low light only complaint is poor viewfinder !! cheers Barry. anybody looking foe a Z1 my old camera is for sale !!! First 2k gets it

Comment

Barry,

Will an NX card not do the same?

Is the Black magic card compatable with Edius?

Comment

NX Card capture

The NX card does not have component or SDI Input

Comment

Quote: "Black Magic boards aren't supported in EDIUS, nor are they likely to any time soon".

See this thread: http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ck+Magic+Edius
                      Andrew Pinder
                      www.chpv.co.uk
                      Edius 9 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k; Windows 10 (64 bit Pro); Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro; i9-9900K CPU; 32GB RAM;
                      Asus GTX1060 graphics; RME Fireface800 audio; SATA RAID

Comment

Originally posted by nazmul_i
                        Barry,

Is the black magic cards compatible with Edius?
                        You can capture in either uncompressed or the mjpeg codec and import it into Edius.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Jerry,

1) Any idea what the uncompressed file size would be? (for 1 hour footage)

2) Would the real time performance be effected? (how layers on a dual quad 3.0ghz)?

3) the XDCAM footage is compressed?, so how will i be able to create uncompressed?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nazmul_i View Post
                            Jerry,

2) Would the real time performance be effected? (how layers on a dual quad 3.0ghz)?

3) the XDCAM footage is compressed?, so how will i be able to create uncompressed?

Thanks
                            around 75GB per hour for uncompressed SD, be sure you check the setup menu of the EX1 to make sure it lets you switch the SDI out to Standard def

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why Sony made this camera with no real built in SD downconversion, I am also disappointed about the absence of the S-Video connector on all new Sony Pro/Broadcast cameras, I have an S-Video vision mixer from Roland for live mixes

if you capture component with Edius SP and use the HQ codec, you will need only 43GB per hour, quality will be A1
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by nazmul_i View Post
                              Jerry,

Thanks
                              If you are talking about using the decklink card, I would use the mjpeg codec and import into edius. The mjpeg works pretty much like Canopus HQ within Ediius.

1. File size I don't know look at Antons post.
                              2. With uncompressed your hard drives determine the RT capabilities.
                              3. The capture method determines the uncompressed or compressed nature
                              of the file.
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X