WARNING: Edius & After Effects CS3 Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE

Oh yeah I know for sure that its not a overclock thing also because I have a Q6600 overclocked to 3.24 ghzand I bumped it back down to the original 2.4 ghz and it did the same thing. Just like what "Popeye" said.

Comment

Thanks mixoplex. I didn't know about the NX angle.

It's very irritating as I have to have AE installed on a seperate partition so I have to reboot to change between Edius and AE.

Do any TGV people have any news on this ?????

Rick
      Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

If you remove the NX plug-in for AE, does that change the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
          If you remove the NX plug-in for AE, does that change the situation?
          I'd second this - all of my documentation states that the plug-in is designed for v7 of After Effects, not CS3.

Comment

re nx plugin

Does the NX Plugin install automatically with Edius or does it get installed with the NX board. I do nt have a NX board so if it gets installed with the NX card then I do not have it installed. If it does where is it located. I looked in the plugin directory of AE and did not see anything.

Also Premiere CS3 crashes also. It gives some error about the program terminated something

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
              I'd second this - all of my documentation states that the plug-in is designed for v7 of After Effects, not CS3.
              Just on this, fair dinkum, I can't believe we are still waiting for it, all other boards have CS3 plugins.
              AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Originally posted by mixoplex View Post
                Also Premiere CS3 crashes also. It gives some error about the program terminated something
                If Premiere CS3 is crashing as well, then that points to a problem outside the scope of just EDIUS...

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                  Just on this, fair dinkum, I can't believe we are still waiting for it, all other boards have CS3 plugins.
                  If by "all other boards" you refer to BMD boards, AJA boards or Matrox boards, do keep in mind that:

a) BMD and AJA boards work very differently in that they are DirectShow-based boards that are more open by design

b) Matrox live within CS3. They have no software apps of their own and therefore use Adobe for their software platform

CS3 support is not planned for the future at this time. Partly because, as with previous incarnations of the freebie plug-ins, it relies on someone actually obtaining intended software, and scheduling time to develop the plug-in...and then test it.

Comment

The information I have is that CS4 is due out later this year, perhaps October based on Adobe's 18 month release cycles. It would be great to think that GV could have an AE plug-in to coincide with the next Edius version release as they are products that work well together. As usual competing demand for resources, but I would have thought a CSx AE driver would be "up there".
                    Last edited by Jim N; 06-19-2008, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                      If by "all other boards" you refer to BMD boards, AJA boards or Matrox boards, do keep in mind that:

a) BMD and AJA boards work very differently in that they are DirectShow-based boards that are more open by design

b) Matrox live within CS3. They have no software apps of their own and therefore use Adobe for their software platform

CS3 support is not planned for the future at this time. Partly because, as with previous incarnations of the freebie plug-ins, it relies on someone actually obtaining intended software, and scheduling time to develop the plug-in...and then test it.
                      No-one is asking for Premiere PRO CS3 support, only Photoshop and After Effects CS3 output plugins- if this is still the case, I'm quite saddened by this.

Comment

re Premiere and After Effects CS3

I was just mentioning premiere because I noticed that. Its basically after effects cs3

It's logical. Before installing Edius 4.6 after effects cs3 works and does not crash when dragging items to timleine etc.

After Edius 4.6 is installed After Effects CS3 crashes. Nothing changed except the install of the Edius. No rocket science here. Something is getting conflicted.

If you have a NX board in your system After Effects CS3 does not crash. At least on my friends system. Based on that anyone can see there is aproblem with your software. You guys seem to want us all left high and dry and that is no proper support.

Comment

If your crashing system has any instance of a file called "Canopus Menuhook.aex" or "Canopus VideoOut.aex", I suggest renaming those files, moving them, or deleting them.

These are the AE7 plug-in files which may have found their way into an existing AE CS3 installation.

Comment

re

I have found no such plugins. I just added a second hard drive and installed another copy of XP on it and installed Adobe CS3. Now I will have 2 separate boot devices.. One for Edius and one for After Effects CS3 etc.. Someone else I read on here has it setup this way.. Oh well..

Comment

Originally posted by mixoplex View Post
                              I have found no such plugins. I just added a second hard drive and installed another copy of XP on it and installed Adobe CS3. Now I will have 2 separate boot devices.. One for Edius and one for After Effects CS3 etc.. Someone else I read on here has it setup this way.. Oh well..
                              That would be me. It is the only way I can get it to work. It is a dreadful situation. Is there anyone from GV actually looking into this ??

Rick
                              Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

I would guess not. If going by the "issue with Sorenson Squeeze" is anything to go by. It might get noted and that's the last you will hear about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X