• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    caminostereo

• caminostereo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Each time a get an unrecognizeable file called DL. Nothing to click, like the cartoonr or the Adobe plugins. I sent a PM to the guy on the forum form FX. No answer. I must be missing something or what? If this is the file there is no header for plugins for Edius, at least that I can see.
    try again and this solved the download demo installer for EDIUS

http://www.newbluefx.com/try.html

Leave a comment:

• Rusty

• Rusty
    replied
    Harumph!

See your P.M. here and/or clear your cache and try again.
    Sounds like another case of once bad, always bad!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Jerry,
    Don't expect any RT performance with the transitions or filters. Do expect them to work!

Be sure you downloaded the correct file for Edius and they will install instantly... restart Edius and they're in the Effects Pallet. They seem very stable and worth a look. Renders are Vitascene slow, but the quality is amazing in HDV projects. The VST's are (so far) my favorite. The Stereoizer and Dual-Band Compressor (name check) work beautifully and sound great on my mono mics.
    Rusty,
    I have downloaded the file 3 times. Each time a get an unrecognizeable file called DL. Nothing to click, like the cartoonr or the Adobe plugins. I sent a PM to the guy on the forum form FX. No answer. I must be missing something or what? If this is the file there is no header for plugins for Edius, at least that I can see.
    Try the download for the the 3d explosions for TGV Edius.
    Let me know what you get.

UPDATE: I downloaded the file onto my other machine, and I did get the application. I have my edting machine pretty well stripped of extra programs, so that may be the issue.
    Ok, I did a test with the spiral rotation exlplosion. In SD, with mpeg2 files I did get RT with a blue line above it with a 1-2 second file. DV should do better.
    In HD I can prefill the buffer and it will do a 1 sec transition, but will have the red line above for render.
    They seem to have less 'weight' to them as opposed to Vitascene. However, there are quite a few that I would never use. I wish they had a seperate panel to access picture backdrops ala Explode. They really do resemble Hollywood FX effects.
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-15-2008, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty

• Rusty
    replied
    Will they play through with buffer prefill? Or do you have to render to get playback?

I downloaded the sample and get basically nothing. It is an unrecognizeable file.
    Jerry,
    Don't expect any RT performance with the transitions or filters. Do expect them to work!

Be sure you downloaded the correct file for Edius and they will install instantly... restart Edius and they're in the Effects Pallet. They seem very stable and worth a look. Renders are Vitascene slow, but the quality is amazing in HDV projects. The VST's are (so far) my favorite. The Stereoizer and Dual-Band Compressor (name check) work beautifully and sound great on my mono mics.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by drogers View Post
    All filters and transitions seem to require rendering, but also seem to be very stable. I bought the whole lot; pleased so far.
    Will they play through with buffer prefill? Or do you have to render to get playback?

I downloaded the sample and get basically nothing. It is an unrecognizeable file.
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-14-2008, 02:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• drogers

• drogers
    replied
    All require rendering

All filters and transitions seem to require rendering, but also seem to be very stable. I bought the whole lot; pleased so far.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty

• Rusty
    replied
    Rusty,
    What is the render time like for SD and HD?
    All over the map on this one...
    Glows and blurs are slow while angular stuff is fast.
    No real testing done, but the VST's appear to be very high quality!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    I don't think there's an upgrade (Ive been wrong before), their entire line is available for Edius at a discount.

The install went easily and video FX activation was a breeze. (online machine)
    VST's were another story, I spent too long in the VST Plug-in Bridge, then figuring out which filter goes with what SN.
    Rusty,
    What is the render time like for SD and HD?

Leave a comment:

• Rusty

• Rusty
    replied
    I don't think there's an upgrade (Ive been wrong before), their entire line is available for Edius at a discount.

The install went easily and video FX activation was a breeze. (online machine)
    VST's were another story, I spent too long in the VST Plug-in Bridge, then figuring out which filter goes with what SN.
    Rusty
    Last edited by Rusty; 05-13-2008, 05:36 AM. Reason: update

Leave a comment:

• Angelo

• Angelo
    replied
    Digital Juice has the NewBlueFX Motion Blends for 50% off. Go to the Host dropdown and select Edius.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• Rusty

• Rusty
    started a topic NewBlue FX now available!

NewBlue FX now available!

For those not watching the other Forum new transitions and FX for Edius are available as demos at newbluefx.com

:~D
Working...
X