X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    here is what happens

I use Arial and the text looks good on TV as soon as the menu displays, but half second later it looks bad as the subpicture loads (subpicture is part of the menu and is used for highlighting)

the problem is that text is not linked and the DVD creator should not generate a subpicture for the text, a subpicture is only needed for the thumbnails

also, I need to find out how to close the GOPs because chapters are nowhere near accurate, some are out as much as 2 seconds when compared to marker on timeline

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    but I am worried about text looking like it is half eaten by mice around the edges
    Haha good analogy.

I did some quick client DVD's before with the DVD Creator in EDIUS, it looked ok on an SDTV. Serif fonts never look good on TV.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I am using the fonts as setup by the templates, all I do is change the text, I don't change font or size

I am not worried about flicker, but I am worried about text looking like it is half eaten by mice around the edges

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    For NTSC, the rule of thumb is to generally use Sans Serif fonts with the size of 23pts and above...that should get rid of the flicker a bit.

If you use any other application to do your menus in, such as Photoshop, it's always good to add a 0.1 pixel blur filter to the text after rasterizing it.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    started a topic DVD menu text quality

DVD menu text quality

the menu text of the DVD creator looks like it was attacked by mice after compile and burn, it looks as bad as DVDit did 10 years ago

has anyone found an antialias setting or a magic font that hides this problem?

the fonts in DVD Lab Pro look perfect after compile and burn
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 05-12-2008, 03:15 AM.
Working...
X