X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MartinR
    replied
    My Experience

For What Its Worth - I have a CUSTOM built system with Edius Pro. After upgrading to 4.52 I experience this error. I concluded that if I reformatted my video drive before starting a new project this prevented the error. Recently I tried to capture from two separate tapes - the second capture failed after 23 mins.

I swapped out the USB wirless mouse for standard PS2. After a successful capture I saved and closed Edius - then bacxk in to try a second capture - this also failed after 5 mins.

A warm start (didn't power off) and evrything proceeded okay.

I will replace my mouse and in future after one cature I will close and do a restart.

I have in the past followed original 'sticky' notes.

Martin

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    replied
    Originally posted by plasma_video View Post
    Their was some reference a while back to 1394 devices not working properly with XP SP2. Does anyone remember the particular issue, and would it possibly apply in this case? I think I went into the registry and changed some settings regarding this, but I'm not finding my notes.
    I think this issue is to do with FW800 devices not running at full speed. FW400, and therefore video captures, are not affected.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Originally posted by plasma_video View Post
    EDIT: Their was some reference a while back to 1394 devices not working properly with XP SP2. Does anyone remember the particular issue, and would it possibly apply in this case? I think I went into the registry and changed some settings regarding this, but I'm not finding my notes.
    Only IEEE1394b 800 speed ports were affected, see
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222

Leave a comment:

• fukly
    replied
    i don't think P4 3.0 HT could capture HDV...yes it could edit HDV but i did read n try by myself..it cannot capture HDV..unless u have P4 3.4 HT..but the funny think is.. there are some thread while ago in this forum mention that he could capture HDV in AMD x2 3800+
    thats why i upgraded to AMD x2 6000 now.

Leave a comment:

• plasma_video
    replied
    Kenneally,

I'm trying not to compound the issue, but trying to make sense of it.

I DO have an Audigy card in the computer with the DV Storm2. I had issues with DV Rex and SB cards before, but nothing like this. I have tried disabling Audigy in Device Manager, but have not physically removed the card. I also have a Pyro 1394 interface card installed. I have tried capturing with Edius in OHCI mode with both the Pyro and Creative 1394 ports, and I cannot capture a single frame of HDV. DV works fine in both OHCI and Storm mode. In Vegas, I can capture HDV just fine with their utility using either the Pyro or Creative 1394 ports.

I'm willing to experiment, as I will be inbetween major projects for several weeks. Is there anything you would like me to try?

I am using Edius 4.52 and my computer is a P4 3.0 hyperthreaded machine capturing to an external SATA G-Raid RAID-0 device. (Yeah, I know that by today's standards it is ancient).

Tom

EDIT: Their was some reference a while back to 1394 devices not working properly with XP SP2. Does anyone remember the particular issue, and would it possibly apply in this case? I think I went into the registry and changed some settings regarding this, but I'm not finding my notes.
    Last edited by plasma_video; 05-13-2008, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    just seen who is most vocal on this thread, its the Brits who take the "stroppy award!"

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    (From experience, Soundblaster cards are infectious creatures and I'd happily exterminate them from every edit system I encounter)
    My PC doesn't have one, it uses a nx card.

Its nice to know you are taking it seriously, maybe this should be passed down to the UK distributor, who flatly deny the problem exists.

It would also be nice to know what is being/has been tried, different Mobo's, Disk configs, OS tweaks, wearing a hat etc, just to keep us in the loop.

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    (From experience, Soundblaster cards are infectious creatures and I'd happily exterminate them from every edit system I encounter)
    Thanks for confirming, that it is a reported issue.
    Whilst acknowledging that Soundblasters have not been flavour of the month for many years, they have never stopped me from capturing anything with Storm and 3.6. It would appear that 4.6 is just hideously sensitive.
    Some of the suggestions in the sticky whilst well meaning, are just plain daft, given that with the exception of an odd glitch in an early version capture module, it has worked faultlessly with Networks and “whatevers” running in the background. Does Ryan still work for Creative?

DD

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I only report facts. We can repeat 'we're looking at it' ad infinitum, but it won't get the issue fixed. Until I have concrete information, I don't say much of anything. But since people appear to have the impression that we aren't paying attention to this reported issue, let me say clearly here and now that "we are."

The sticky post, the discussion of system bus activity and soundcards are all extremely relevant and should not be discredited.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    I'm sure you are, but telling us that you are is great, updating us and asking for info would be superb

I do some very part time community work.

My bill for Feb wasn't paid.
    My bill for March wasn't paid.

I asked, don't worry it'll be sorted.
    I asked two weeks later, don't worry I'll sort it.

Two weeks later I send my April bill and a letter saying I would like to be paid.

I get an email saying it'll be sorted.

Today I've just got back from the office asI went in to see the Chief Exec, picked up my cheque and found out the guy who does the book keeping fell down the stairs and was badly hurt spending 4 weeks in hospital.........

why didn't someone just say this to me???????? I could then have stopped nagging them......

Get the drift?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
    If only GV would take this error seriously
    Actually, we are.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
    I have an ART USB Phono Plus (http://www.artproaudio.com/products....cat=13&id=128) that I use on Video and Audio editing PC's since it is a simple matter of plugging in the front USB port with no drivers needed. It has phono preamp for interfacing with turntable to record vinyl records, line in / out, Toslink in/out and headphone amp with level control. I have this with my Behringer mixer for all audio. Takes power from USB port too. I use a Trendnet USB KVM.

Ron Evans
    Sounds like USB Audio plays well with Edius, I'll look into it and report back.

THX...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    I think it's a bug in Edius, as my other apps capture fine to the raid.
    Hooray! I've been saying this for ages, thank goodness someonelse has realised that if it worked before but doesn't work now and only the version of Edius has changed then that is what is causing it.

Man: Doctor I've a terrible headache..

Doctor: Have you changed anything lately?

Man: Well, only one thing, I've taken to hitting myself repeatedly on the head with old U-matic tapes.

Doctor: You still use U-matic?

I'm sure you get my point ;-)

If only GV would take this error seriously, I gave up wit the the UK agents and their appathy towards it.

Leave a comment:

• plasma_video
    replied
    I have disk too slow trying to capture hdv via ohci with EDIUS. However, capturing with Vegas works fine. I have a Storm card in this machine and DV captures fine with it. I think it's a bug in Edius, as my other apps capture fine to the raid.

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by virgil21 View Post
    It might depend on the switch. I have used the MyHopper series of 2, 3 and now 4 port switches and never had any trouble. I have had horrible experieces with other brands and I had to send back the last Belkin one I tried - same with one other brand - can't remember its name. I got my last Rextron MyHopper from http://www.kvmswitchdirect.co.uk.
    FWIW worth it is a Belkin but I cannot stress enough that these problems did not exist with 3.6 same KVM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X