X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexet
    replied
    Another way

'Dv synchro master' - the soft i'm using - is the easiest way to synchronize a mess of captured video. Typical project's synchronization takes me about 3-6 minutes (4 cameras, ~3000 clips, 20 hours of video recorded in 14 hours).
    I happened to use recdate sync point in multicam, and i even wrote a script for AutoHotKey to put all camera's clips onto single track. But recdate is second-accurate feature... and does not split solid clip by datetime-break.
    Now the only thing i want from author is ntsc support. And hdv... =)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    A search on the word 'nudge' shall reveal the method...

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=1043

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SWI
    replied
    Multicam Mode Sync Point

Hi, I am an EDIUS noob. To date I have done 3 multicam projects using 3 cameras with EDIUS. I sync the tracks first using the audio tracks. I pan one audio track all the way to the right and the other all the way to the left. Using a headphone, I can slide one track to the right and left until the sound matches.

After that, I fine tune it with flashes (if I am lucky enough to find them). EDIUS is great because it has the option of displaying both fields when in pause mode because sometimes the flash is shown only in one field of the video.

My question is this. What is the best way to finely nudge a track left and right. I found myself having to zoom-in the TL, nudge the track with the mouse, and Zoom-out again all the time. I had done many more "multicam" projects using the other great GV editor (NewsEdit aka Aurora). There you can select a clip on the TL and use the (numpad) left and right arrows to nudge it left or right by 1 frame. Ctrl-left and Ctrl-right arrows nudge them 10 frames at a time. Is there a similar shortcut keyboard on EDIUS 4.6x?

Thx.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Should be frame accurate, assuming you've set the appropriate Sync Point for your clips and there isn't other stuff in the timeline tracks to jam things up.

So all your cameras are timecode-synced? If so, set Sync Point to Timecode, assign the appropriate Camera tracks (the C dropdowns), then select all the clips in the Bin and drag them to the timeline.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon B
    replied
    Well done Fred, I like a man who can admit when he is wrong!!

OR, maybe you know something that we don't??

Cheers,

Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    Gordon:
    Sorry to have created concern. You are of course correct. I should have typed 4.62 ---oooooops, there I go again, 4.61. Write 100 times on the blackboard, "4.61" 4.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.614.61, 4.61, 4.61, 4.61

Leave a comment:

• Gordon B
    replied
    Edius 4.62??

Am I missing something?, Fred you say you are using 4.62, I have checked the download page but can't find 4.62, I have 4.61, maybe you had a momentry finger slip!

Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Multicam Mode Sync Point

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    You have to set the Sync Point before you drag the clips to the timeline.

Once you have Sync Point set, then drag the clips to the timeline and they'll line up.
    When I put one clip at a time into the preview window, and punch in the same timecode for each clip, then they line up perfectly on the timeline. But when I input multiple clips on the timeline, there is up to 20 frames discrepancy from one clip to the next. Where am I going wrong? Is it supposed to be frame accurate?

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    I'm lucky to have cameras with glass lenses instead of pinholes, no free-run here. Syncing the clips is not really a problem, just thought I'd like to try this EDIUS feature. It might save a few minutes, then again maybe not. Really expect to find that my GL-1 and HV-30 and Panny "whatever" do not present the date/time info in a manner that pleases EDIUS. Will check a bit further after a shower and breakfast. Thanks for your info Dave.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Fred when cameras are set to free run (if your cameras have this option) it doesn't matter when you change the tapes, the TC will allow you to correctly match the cams with each other. You just need 2 people to set the TC to 00 and enable free run at the same time. You might be off a frame or two, but that can easily be matched.

I've tried Freerun once, it was very good...but I'm so used to using audio and flash that it doesn't really matter to me anymore, but since you switch tapes, free run might come in handy. Our cameras shoot 276 mins continuously so this is why we don't have much trouble with it.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    Considering that one of the 3 cameras is deliberately started late to cover the gap times when the other 2 cameras must change tapes, starting all 3 at once is not an option. Of course I do sync using the audio wave forms, but in fact they can be very different according to camera placement and sound source. Finally, yes I do use camera flashes for syncing as well. This isn't about the absolute ability to sync, it's about using a function which might set up a starting point and save a little time.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    It's always best to set your cameras to free run at the same time (if possible)...I usually just sync via audio and if there is a photo flash somewhere, it is much easier for me to sync it.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    Ah Ha! A clue to the problem: "not all cameras store the date/time etc." Think I've tried all possible ways to use this function without noticable results. I will check tomorrow as you suggest, just shut the system down after working on it a good part of the day, not about to fire it up again now. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    You have to set the Sync Point before you drag the clips to the timeline.

Once you have Sync Point set, then drag the clips to the timeline and they'll line up.

Note that not all cameras store the date/time stamp in a way that EDIUS can read it. Set the information display in the Application settings, Timeline to show the date/time - that'll tell you whether your camera's date/time data is being read/stored.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    I haven't used multicam mode in a few months and when I did use it, I had the camera's timecodes sync'd which made live a great deal easier, but I think you can still have Edius sync up the clips.

What you will need to do, however, is figure out the offset between the clocks, and then adjust the start timecode of all but one of the cameras (which becomes your master timecode). When you click on a clip in the bin, go to Properties, and then the Video tab, you can adjust the Start Timecode. After having made the adjustments on the clips you want to edit, add them to the multicam timeline, and Edius will position them for you automatically based on the timecode.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X