Multicam Mode Sync Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multicam Mode Sync Point

Hi, I am an EDIUS noob. To date I have done 3 multicam projects using 3 cameras with EDIUS. I sync the tracks first using the audio tracks. I pan one audio track all the way to the right and the other all the way to the left. Using a headphone, I can slide one track to the right and left until the sound matches.

After that, I fine tune it with flashes (if I am lucky enough to find them). EDIUS is great because it has the option of displaying both fields when in pause mode because sometimes the flash is shown only in one field of the video.

My question is this. What is the best way to finely nudge a track left and right. I found myself having to zoom-in the TL, nudge the track with the mouse, and Zoom-out again all the time. I had done many more "multicam" projects using the other great GV editor (NewsEdit aka Aurora). There you can select a clip on the TL and use the (numpad) left and right arrows to nudge it left or right by 1 frame. Ctrl-left and Ctrl-right arrows nudge them 10 frames at a time. Is there a similar shortcut keyboard on EDIUS 4.6x?

Thx.

Comment

A search on the word 'nudge' shall reveal the method...

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=1043

Comment

Another way

'Dv synchro master' - the soft i'm using - is the easiest way to synchronize a mess of captured video. Typical project's synchronization takes me about 3-6 minutes (4 cameras, ~3000 clips, 20 hours of video recorded in 14 hours).
        I happened to use recdate sync point in multicam, and i even wrote a script for AutoHotKey to put all camera's clips onto single track. But recdate is second-accurate feature... and does not split solid clip by datetime-break.
        Now the only thing i want from author is ntsc support. And hdv... =)

Comment

Working...
        X