Powerpoint into edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerpoint into edius

Is there anyway of getting a powerpoint presentation into edius?

I've tried screen capture, but it's not exactly smooth.

Graam
    www.myvideoproblems.com
    Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

no need for screencapture

you can export pp to tif or bmp by using save as

don't use jpg
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

But that only gives me still slides of the end, none of the inserting of text/pictures that happen in the indiviual slides of the slideshow.
      www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Maybe camtasia, not sure about resolution, but give it a try, play in PP and capture.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
          Maybe camtasia, not sure about resolution, but give it a try, play in PP and capture.
          I've tried camtasia andwindows media encoder, but neither give a truely smooth end product.
          www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

the only way to get a smooth product is by doing what I said and create any animations in Edius, I also apply 90x1 motion blur in Photoshop prior to use in Edius, removes all jitter of thin lines

also, if a slide consists of several stages, you may export each stage as a unique bmp manually, time consuming
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

It's a favour job for a regular client, I didn't want to spend hours on it :(
              Thinking cap will have to go back on while I work on the rest of the project.

Graham
              www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Twinpact 100 and Pegasus are great for doing this...but I'm imagining that you have neither the time nor resources to use one of these..

Comment

I'm supplying a couple of dozen cd's with the powerpoint presentation on, along with the added extra info required. Play only on pc, but cheap!!

Thanks,
                  Graham
                  www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Do a google searech for 'PPTToVideo'...neat little package, and it works well..at lease for what I had to do...it is not free, but the trial worked for what I was doing.....There is another application " PPTmovie" .

Comment

Same as other ones I'd found, watermark and to be honest, the screen capture was probably as good in quality, this one wasn't good. Mind you, I was using my lowly office pc which has PPT on, and not my video editing model.

Anyway, CD made and burned now, so nobody else needs to worry, thanks.
                      www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

And there is a fabulous package out of Canada called Power Videomaker Professional that simply converts PPT files to AVI, Mpeg of WMV and it can do it in HD if you need. You can even control the timing and it's NOT a screen grab.
                        www.presentersoft.com

Comment

How large are the power point slides?

If you have a power point that is larger than 720x480 then any conversion is going to drop the quality quite a bit.

Mike

Comment

For DV I used to just play back on a laptop and capture the S-video and any audio out to a storm, only problem is if the PPT has too small text as it doesn't show up too good in video, this happens with most PwrPoint to video captures no matter what is used.

I'm supplying a couple of dozen cd's with the powerpoint presentation on
                            I didn't notice the part about video cds till after I posted the above, a video CD is half the frame resolution of DV plus compression, you might be better off just to take computer video out into a settop DVD recorder and make computer dups of the DVD in Nero or something.
                            Last edited by Blast1; 05-10-2008, 07:50 PM.
                            GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
                            HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
                            DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
                            Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

Basically i do a lot of dvd production for this guy.
                              He's running a charity match and wanted some promotional material supplied by sponsors to give to the participants.
                              This promo material was a PPT
                              He wanted some other info added to this.
                              He didn't want to pay :)
                              I didn't want to spend days on it :)

As all I do is produce dvds for him, he asked for a dvd.

It was far easier in the end, to add his new material to the PPT presentation and make a new one and duplicate this 24 times, supplying him with a PPT on cd - packaged so it'll just play onany pc.

Anyway, job is done, so I don't need any more info, but thanks for all the ideas, I'll follow up on the last link, in case I have to do this again.

Graham
                              www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...
                              X