Locking transitions to 1 clip on 1 track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking transitions to 1 clip on 1 track

How do I apply a transition to a clip without it affecting the layer beneath. On one track I have video playing...on the track above I have a graphic (jpg title) that I want to slide in from the left (Slide Transition) sit for 10 secs then Slide back off screen.

When I apply the slide transition at the end of the clip, the video clip below Slides off screen. I need to lock that transition to that clip and track only

help

And thanx in advance

Anthony

Do you have the JPEG in a Title (T) track, or a Video (V) or Video/Audio (VA) track?

Comment

Video track

Comment

Which transition are you using and where are you putting it?

Comment

If I undertand correctly you should not have to do anything. If your graphic is on one track and your video on another, a simple slide or wipe transition (which should be place on the keyer track of the graphic) should not affect the video.

Comment

when applying slide transition to a title on video track, the out transition incorrectly operates the track below

to overcome this, load the direction for each transition
            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...-direction.gif
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Whenever I got to this one, I've been using 3DPiP as an alternative.

Now I tried to load direction for slide in and out, but the result is the same. The out transition still affects the track below, or I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

make sure you click load after selecting the direction and then click ok

you must do this twice, once for the in trans and once for the out trans
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Both of the above works great.

The reason yoiu need to change the direction is EDIUS is asuming that you want to transition from the video below if the direction points there.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X