Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundFreak
    replied
    A mixer would work fine but the most easiest cost effective solution would be a Stereo mini jack to stereo mini jack cable.

Connect the output from the NX card to the input of the on board sound card of the motherboard.

Go to windows control panel, select "Sound and Audio Devices" click on "advanced" and select under options the "recording" settings, (un mute line in volume if muted by default, and mute "mic in") and select a audio level that's comparable in sound level with your "wave" sounds from windows (media player etc.)

The physical fader setting for "line volume" is a lot lower than for wave due to the high output level of the NX card, this is normal.

Now you can hear NX sound and the windows system sound when you connect a headphone or power amp. etc. to the onboard line output.

No hardware mixer needed.

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    I use a M-Audio 192
    Make sure the input you have connected to on your card is turned up in the cards software mixer

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    It sounds like you have...

NX Line Out to -> soundcard Line In to -> soundcard Line Out... correct?

Is the volume up on your soundcard's "Line In" (happened to me)

Leave a comment:

• Maarten
    replied
    Ok super. Do you have any idea what type of audio card you have?
    I tried it with my standard on board card but this didn't worked

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    Maybe I can connect the output from the nx card to the input of the audio card
    This works for me with my M-Audio card.

Leave a comment:

• Maarten
    replied
    ok thanks...
    I will try to find a solution. Maybe I can connect the output from the nx card to the input of the audio card.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Hea Maarten, welcome to the Forum...

Your problem is actually correct for NX.

Your best solution to hear both PC and NX sound is a small desktop mixer to feed both outputs to your monitors simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• Maarten
    started a topic Sound issue edius/windows

Sound issue edius/windows

I'm using edius with an nx card.
    Everything works well except that when I connect my headphone to the nx card, I have no sound in the other applications anymore.

So If I want to use wmp for example. I will need to connect my headphones to a the standard audio card.

Can this be solved?

Thanks!
Working...
X