• Show
Clear All

• alouden
    replied
    Thanks Anton

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I just tried a 15 sec export with ProCoder Express for Edius using Quicktime DV with encoder set to Apple None (advanced options)

the resulting file is 700mb, so they are correct

Apple None = uncompressed in the western and windows world

Leave a comment:

• alouden
    replied
    messed with this a bit last night and still can't get a file as large as this guy talked about at the place I'm sending the file to.

This video is only 15 seconds (used a PD170) and he indicated that they have received 15 second videos over 700 mb in size. Best I can do is around 300. correction, about 70 mb as a quicktime file, 300 as Canopus HQ or lossless.

Any ideas or am I in over my head here?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Yes, if you choose the Procoder Express for Edius or Procoder exporter, you can choose QuickTime as the output format and then customize the QuickTime settings further to specify uncompressed video.

My biggest beef with QuickTime is its atrociously inconsistent gamma handling. You may need to go through some trial-and-error to ensure that the files that the post house gets are exactly what you think they should be getting.

Leave a comment:

• alouden
    started a topic Best Export Option

Best Export Option

I shot some video to be used in movie theatres as pre movie commercials. What is the best way to export this from Edius to get the best possible result. They prefer Lossless Quicktime and in 16:9 I'm not home now to look. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Allen
Working...
X