X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
    Why on this forum do you people want to shut everything down ( Close Threads) is it because people don't use Supermicro?
    I always thought that forums where about trying to help each other with problems on all subjects and hardware, Not to supply
    information to companies worth millons of dollars who can afford to do there own testing and benchmarks.
    The forum's mission statement is clear enough - we're here to provide an organic knowledge base for our products. Anything outside needs to stay...outside.

If the discussion is the use of a motherboard within a system for EDIUS, so be it - that is perfectly fine.

But if and when that discussion turns into a debate on motherboard make/models and operating systems, it's off topic and belongs off the forums. (ie. take it to PM)

We run a tight ship with a small crew. We cannot be everything to everyone. Thankfully the Internet is a vast ocean of knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Just wondering out loud...

Why wouldn't the NX card work with this motherboard?

It has an Intel chipset and can't be far away from the other boards approved on the list.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Testing

I have been using one of these boards since there release, just completed a big job with Edius 4.61 and have never had a more stable board, Edius runs fine on it as does everthing else that I use on it.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    SuperMicro? why would I care what motherboard somebody uses? (unless it is not working correctly with EDIUS).

Read the rules. The discussions here are for Grass Valley Products, in this forum Edius specifically.

Talking about a motherboard is not off topic IF it is related to how well it works with our product.

No other explanation is needed as the rules cover this.

Now, I will forget that you just suggested that I am a dishonest person and again state.

Great discussion everyone but I really need to see some Edius benchmarks as to leave this open.

Do you have a older system with 4.x on it to test against so we can see if the board is beneficial for editing?

I do not see a thing in there about Super Micro... do you?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    What

Why on this forum do you people want to shut everything down ( Close Threads) is it because people don't use Supermicro?
    I always thought that forums where about trying to help each other with problems on all subjects and hardware, Not to supply
    information to companies worth millons of dollars who can afford to do there own testing and benchmarks.
    Last edited by swsw1550; 07-03-2008, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Great discussion everyone but I really need to see some Edius benchmarks as to leave this open.

Do you have a older system with 4.x on it to test against so we can see if the board is beneficial for editing?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    No Problems

That will fix the problem, I had the same thing, it is to do with the sata burners and hard drives and the intel chipset.

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks! I'll try this when I come home. It has bugging me crazy :)

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Yes

Hi Daniel,
    Yes that is correct, Just type in X48 into intel download site, and follow to your operating system, I think the newest is 8.2.0.1001 This will fix your problem.

cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
    Just a update on the system, Have had it under load for 48hrs now with out any problems, i.e Memtest, sandrasoft, everest, ect ect. No problems, these MB'S are bullet proof and very quick, I highly recommend these with the new intel X48 chipset, OH one thing is if anyone considers buying these boards from gigabyte update your Sata Raid driver ASAP. I run two Plextor 760SA DVD Drives + (Sony BR IDE drive) the Plextors are sata and they made the mouse pointer jittery when opening Computer in Vista 64 bit, this is because they run of the sata controllers, once updated to latest from intel there was no problem. And remember if running 64bit you should enable this in the bios on these boards, options 32bit or 64bit systems..

Cheers
    Steve
    Hello, my first post here :)

I'm having the problem with the mouse pointer you mentioned above. What driver from Intel did you download, the Intel storage matrix?

Kind regards,
    Daniel

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Both

With Edius the software, and the system in general, You must remember that this board has the new X48 intel chipset and this is what I am mainly looking at.The system is very stable and as I mentioned earlier in a post you must update the chipset drivers straight away ( if you are using two Sata DVD-CD rom drives) this was the only problem that I have found, intel had the same problem a couple of years ago when Sata DVD & CD drives came out, and this is only of course if you plug them into the mother board sata controllers, NOT 3RD PARTY ONE'S... like Lacie ect..

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    OK, fair enough, that's good to know.
    Steve, when you say it rocks, is that as a system in general or are you basing it on editing in EDIUS?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    We test software-only too, when boards are tested. I seem to recall there being some issues with SLI-based boards.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Isn't this a bit irrelevant until it's been tested with an NX cardset? Are there any boards that don't work with EDIUS software alone?

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Board update

Hi Everyone who is interested,
    The Gigabyte board is still going strong have been puting it under full load for 10hrs a day and without any problems, I think I will be sticking with these boards Plus Gigabyte did invent the dual bios system, Great Boards!

cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X