X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting an Edius project to Encore

Hi All
    I really need help here
    I am a Canopus user for many many years now and used DVD Workshop for authoring.I have just got a new system with Edius 4.5 and Encore for authoring to DVD and Blu ray
    I only do Weddings and SD DvDs at the moment with 6 chapter points and I know I can make DVDs within Edius but the Titles and the whole screen seems to be cropped or zoomed in when I watch the DvD made in Edius

I need to know how to get my timeline from Edius into Encore with the 6 chapter points that I always create
    Do I need to create a Canopus HQ avi and import that as an assett or timeline into Encore. . . I did make a Dvd this way and let Encore transcode the HQ file automatically but I found that any panning was very jerky and not that clear on the finished DVD
    if someone could tell what settings I need to set or how to do the above I would be very grateful ( in a simple way as I dont know a lot about PC s)

Your help or advice would be much appreciated as the Encore CS3 manual
    is not easy for me to understand

Regards
    Wheelo

I have used Encore from version 1 to 2 and always set my chapter points in Encore.
    Peter
    Skanoer, Sweden

Edius Pro 8, Imaginate 2, Intel i7 950 , 12GB DDR3, 5 TB, Windows Pro 10 Creative, 64bit, Encore CS5

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelo View Post
      Hi All
      I really need help here
      I am a Canopus user for many many years now and used DVD Workshop for authoring.I have just got a new system with Edius 4.5 and Encore for authoring to DVD and Blu ray
      I only do Weddings and SD DvDs at the moment with 6 chapter points and I know I can make DVDs within Edius but the Titles and the whole screen seems to be cropped or zoomed in when I watch the DvD made in Edius

I need to know how to get my timeline from Edius into Encore with the 6 chapter points that I always create
      Do I need to create a Canopus HQ avi and import that as an assett or timeline into Encore. . . I did make a Dvd this way and let Encore transcode the HQ file automatically but I found that any panning was very jerky and not that clear on the finished DVD
      if someone could tell what settings I need to set or how to do the above I would be very grateful ( in a simple way as I dont know a lot about PC s)

Your help or advice would be much appreciated as the Encore CS3 manual
      is not easy for me to understand

Regards
      Wheelo
      What are you using to encode Blu-ray? or are you trying to make DVD?
      I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Hi
        I am making a Dvd with Encore but need to get used to the programme as I will need to make Blu ray soon which Encore can do
        My main problem is do I create a canopus HQ file of my project on the edius timeline and import that file into Encore
        Or is there a way of importing the edius timeline with all the titles,transitions directly into Encore and would this mean better quality
        I have been told that itis better to let Encore Transcode the imported files to make the DvD or Bluray disc
        Thanks a million
        Wheelo

Comment

Hi
          I am making a Dvd with Encore but need to get used to the programme as I will need to make Blu ray soon which Encore can do
          My main problem is do I create a canopus HQ file of my project on the edius timeline and import that file into Encore
          Or is there a way of importing the edius timeline with all the titles,transitions directly into Encore and would this mean better quality
          I have been told that itis better to let Encore Transcode the imported files to make the DvD or Bluray disc
          Thanks a million
          Wheelo
          The interactivity which you seek is in the Adobe CS3 programs.
          Not Edius. But,....

Are you shooting in HDV now? If you are using the EX1 there are issues with the downconvert through PC3.
          For most cameras PC3 can make very good SD/DVD's.
          I prefer PC3 over Encores encoder. This would be a personal choice.
          If you want to use the Encore encoder you will have to export a file and then import into Encore. It is up to you which format, HQ, Lossless, uncompressed, etc.
          When you import HQ or lossless into Encore you will experience flashes in the preview screen. Don't worry. That is a normal occurence and does not show up on the final dvd. At least for me.

After you import you can build your menus and add your chapter points.
          If you have used Encore at all in the past it works the same.
          If not, you have a little learning curve. Read the manual or even do some of the tutorials that you can download from the web. Do a search.
          http://www.doogs-tutorials.com/

Take the time to read a little, and it will save you a lot of headaches.
          Learn to do this with SD first. Then move to your Bluray tryouts.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi
            Thanks a million
            Wheelo
            If you are doing Blu-ray, I would make a HQ AVI of the timeline and feed ProCoder with it to encode MPEG2 HD for Blu-ray, or straight from the timeline if you don't have another computer to do the encoding, I think it is better than Encore (MainConcept) encoder, if you are making DVD, you should use Virtual Dub to resize your HQ AVI before feeding it to ProCoder, do a search on virtual dub, or the next best thing is switch your timeline from HD to SD first then encode to MPEG2 for DVD.
            I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Thank you all for your hints and tips I think I am getting somewhere
              wHEELO

Comment

I have BR in my laptop and am led to believe that after burning a BR it is not compatible with stand alone BR players, check this one out.

Comment

Working...
                X